32. Epilogue

Sorry guys, lost all motivation for this book lol

Noelle Thornbury- 6 years later

I sat on the back porch, watching Malia playing with our twins and our little one, watching her swing the bubble wand around as they danced and popped the bubbles.

I held our newborn, nursing him while eating watermelon and pineapples with a toothpick.

It was beautiful day, the small orchids the kids planted early spring began growing.

Malia stopped her underground business, she handed it off to her fathers.

She didn't want to put herself in danger, she wanted to live for them, and she refused to raise her children in a violent environment.

I agreed 100%.

"I'm going to go talk to mommy, I'll be back okay?" She smiled, walking to me.

"He's hungry?" She asked.

"Yup." I nodded.

She grabbed my chin, tilting it up as she leaned down, kissing me.

I laughed when she began smothering my face in her chapstick.

"More watermelon?" She grabbed my fruit bowl.

"And pineapple please." I nodded.

"Mommy can you blow the bubbles?" Elias asked and I stood, walking on the soft grass, holding Nolan securely as Ilah handed me the wand.

The portal of life between my legs ached, my body sore, only 2 weeks postpartum. This diaper was falling down.

I began blowing the bubbles, the giggles full of joy and I laughed, loving it.

The twins (6), Elias and Ilah picked up their younger sister (3), Celia so she could reach higher and pop the big ones.

"Careful now, don't drop her." I smiled.

"We won't, we've got her." Elias said and I nodded, blowing them to her new height so she could pop them.

"All done!" Celia yelled and they set her back on the ground.

She ran to her scooter, pulling it onto the back porch, riding it around and I sat on the grass, crisscrossed.

Elias came and sat beside me, Ilah sitting in front, touching Nolan's head, kissing him softly.

I pulled my shirt down, immediately Ilah asked, "can I hold him?"

I gently placed him in her arms, I knew she had him but I made sure she got his head.

"He's so small." Elias whispered even though there was no need.

I wrapped my arm around him.

"You were that size. Once upon a time. Now your ancient. Do I see a gray hair?" I joked and he scoffed.

I smiled.

He had gorgeous dark brown hair and blue eyes. He looked so much like Malia.

Ilah was about the same but more chestnut brown, Celia had brown eyes with my shade hair since it was my egg, Nolan, looked like a mix so far, but I'm waiting till he gets older to really determine anything.

All of them had my relatively fair skin that did tan better than mine but in the winter they matched me.

"Here you go, my love." Malia handed me the bowl.

"Oh I'll hold it for you." Elias took the bowl and toothpick that was in a piece of watermelon and fed it to me.

I laughed, "thank you honey."

"Mom, I'm all done holding him." Ilah offered Nolan to Malia and she took him as Ilah stood.

"Don't touch my bike Ce!" She shouted at her younger sister.

"Careful! Don't fall please." Malia said.

"You want to go play with them Eli?" I asked.

"Okay. Here." He handed me the bowl and ran off.

"It's a big kid bike..." I listened to Ilahs lecture on how big girl things hurt baby's.

Malia sighed, petting my hair.

"How you doing baby?" She asked, putting my baby hairs from my fucked up bun behind my ear.

"Tired." I smiled.

She kissed my temple.

"I'll run you a bath tonight, any ideas for dinner?" She asked.

"Mmmm pizza?" I smiled.

"Of course." She scratched my back with her free hand.

Nolan burped and we laughed at how deep it was.

"Last one. No more." I shook my head.

"I'm happy with whatever." She said, I kissed her cheek and laid back on the grass, shutting my eyes as the sun bored onto my skin, warming me.

I loved what I'd done with my life.