29. Desires

Malia Thornbury

I came home, hearing the fosset in the kitchen going, music blaring.

I took off my heels and immediately walked into the kitchen to ask Noelle a question I've had for a few days.

"Hey." She smiled at me beautifully and I laughed, immediately pulling her to me.

"How was work?" She asked and I turned off the water.

"It was alright. But, I want to ask you something." I lifted her onto the island.

"Did I do something?" She frowned.

I smiled.

"No my love. Just a question because we haven't talked much about our future." I raised my eyebrows as her mouth formed an 'o'.

"Kids?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Why'd you feel like asking now?" She questioned.

I shrugged.

"My fathers came into my office the other day with a photo album of me as a baby. Asked about us. I didn't have an answer. But if you don't have one either than that's totally fine-"

"I personally would like a baby." She whispered.

"As in just one?"

"As in my personal maximum is two." She smiled.

"Do you want kids?" She asked.

"Yes."

"When?" She tilted her head, scooping my hair behind my ears as I let my hands move up and down her legs.

"I don't have a time limit. But if I'd carry, like soon so I can bounce back." I laughed.

"Can I be 100% honest?" She chewed her cheek nervously.

"Absolutely."

"Well, your job is dangerous. If you carry, that's 9 months of risk-"

"Which is why I prompted that because I believe you would be the best home for our child." I nodded.

"Don't we have to then like find a donor and do the egg retrieval from you and all that?" She asked.

"Yup."

"Well." She nodded.

I laughed.

"Don't feel pressured. It was a question, we don't have to do anything for a while if you don't like to. We will always be in the right financial space for this, but I need you to be in the right headspace for this." I cupped her face.

"Could you help me workout during the pregnancy so I can be in good physical shape especially for birth?" She asked.

"I'll do everything for you baby. But I'm serious, I know you, don't loose sleep over this." I frowned.

She laughed.

"Impossible. Now dance with me." She turned on the music and we had a dance party.

-

I rolled over, waking from the restless movement beside me.

"What're you doing?" My throat was dry, my eyes unable to stay open.

"I want it." She whispered.

"Want what?" I reached for her and pulled her so she was tucked into me.

"A baby."

I sighed.

"We will have a baby." I confirmed.

"Now."

"Please try to sleep, you need it." I pet her hair.

"I can't. I'm having baby fever." She mumbled.

I laughed.

"Okay, we will look into everything tomorrow."

"It is tomorrow."

"It's 1am tomorrow. Not noon. Sleep." I kissed her head.

"It's backwards noon."

"Please. Pretty please."

"I'll try. I love you."

"I love you so much more. Sleep my baby."