Kabanata 43

That day in the seashore, when she kissed me for the first time, and for the last time, too, it broke me into pieces.

I love her so much!

I didn't tell her I love her because I know she was not yet ready to commit to me since I am not the one she wants. I am the one whom she planned to be with. I know I'm not her type.

A guy who kills for a living isn't her type.

She's a woman of God.

She's in love with God.

She has her life planned.

She has her own opinion and principles that even I cannot ruin.

When I first met her, she got on my nerves. I hate her attitude. She's so easy to read. She's so easy to manipulate and I hate that kind of person.

I was born to manipulate but not in people like her. I really want an assistant, but in her attitude, she's not obviously fit for it.

She's clumsy. She easily gets distracted. She stutters a lot. And most importantly, she's afraid of me.

I would be so pathetic if I will get an assistant who is afraid of me.

But yes, I let myself look pathetic because I hired her. 

When she bid her goodbye, it somehow made me feel guilty. She's so pure and I just can't reject her.

That's why even though I already hired one, I hired her too. I don't care. It's my company so I decide.

"Mr. Bonneville, why did you hire her? You already hired someone," asked Fila.

I looked at her seriously. "Who are you to question my decision? This is my company and I do whatever I want!"

She gulped. "S-Sorry, Mr. Bonneville. I need to go." She then hurriedly run to the door.

That Fila is getting on my nerves too. She always questions my decision. Who is she to do that? If I can't stop myself, I will blow up her head.

It was Haines' first day on the job when I got a call from Dad that he want me home. It stressed me out because I hate traveling back to Paris. But since he's my Dad, I need to.

I already have an assistant here in my company so I can't leave Haines here because the two of them will surely fight.

Though, I doubt Haines will fight back.

That's why I decided to bring her with me. Having an assistant beside me always isn't a bad idea.

I ordered someone to bring her first paycheck to her family even without investigating her background. I just feel like I don't need to.

She looks really innocent. And she's poor. At least that, I know.

I am not a good person but one of my skills is critiquing people and based on what I saw in her actions, she's innocent. And she's young!

I brought her to Paris but she asks so many questions that I almost shoot her in the car. I am a short-tempered person that's why I almost did that.

But then, when she faints, I feel guilty. Which is wrong.

No! She's not going to be my downfall. I denied it to myself though at first, I know that there is really something wrong with me.

But even with how much I deny it, I'm really doomed!

I fell. Fast and deep.

I didn't know what happened but I just woke up one day, ready to leave everything just for her.