000, Prologue.

It hadn't been as easy life for Imala

From the start, her family wanted absolutely nothing to do with her.

Imala was a burden.

Imala was nothing but incapable, and useless, to her parents. They had wanted a boy, the first heir that will soon become a mighty warrior.

So, when they were told Imala was a girl, they had immediately become insufferable.

Luckily, for Imala, she soon found friends with the Sully's kids which made her inseparable from them.

In a way, Imala was like her friend Spider but much more accepted by Jake.

Jake understood Imala's family dynamic.

Unfortunately, it was once common on Earth for families to despise women firstborns.

And Jake knew Sura and Tar'ete were more concentrated on themselves to even place a second thought of Imala in their minds.

He also knew Imala knew this.

It broke Jake's heart to watch Imala interact with other families.

A hand was always placed firmly against her heart, almost as if it was aching to have a family as fond as theirs.

This is why Jake had an enormous soft spot for Imala, and he always would.

Jake was running through the crowds of Na'vi, "Where is she?"

It was almost a ridiculous question.

Where else would Imala be?

"Neteyam!" Jake yelled, Neteyam peering up behind a pile of scrapped wood.

"Dad, help me!" Neteyam exclaimed before Jake ran towards him, watching as Imala was perched atop Neteyam.

He chuckled, "Told ya she'd get you one day."

Imala smiled proudly before jumping off Neteyam's body and stood next to Jake as she childishly stuck her tongue out to Neteyam.

But, Neteyam didn't reply with playful antics.

Instead, his face scrunched after noticing Jake's disappointed expression.

"What is it?" Imala questioned, holding onto Jake's wrist after he turned to face her. He looked at the innocent smile on her face, scared to wipe it clean.

Jake cursed her parents recklessness.

"Neteyam, go find your Mother," Jake told Neteyam before he reluctantly left.

Jake's head tilted with a sigh before kneeling to peak into Imala's eyes.

"What has gotten you sad, Jake?" Imala questioned before she smushed Jake's cheeks in attempt to make him smile.

And it did.

"Imala, this isn't easy for me," Jake replied before taking her hands into his palms, "Your parents, Mala, they're gone."

It didn't feel like her whole world came crashing down, everything still felt normal.

It had always felt like Imala's parents were already deceased.

So, nothing about this upset her.

She had already been in mourning for the missing affection off her parents.

"C'mon, kid, got something to show you," Jake stood tall and took began to walk her across High Camp.

There was a small part of camp that was specifically made for orphans.

It wasn't used greatly, but it was built for those children that lost their families in the midst of raids or hunting.

Imala watched in pure fascination.

Jake followed where her finger pointed: painting, clothing making, jewellery making, carving and building toys, "This is so cool."

She'll be okay, Jake could only hope.