023, Murdered.

What had caused such havoc upon the Metkayina's?

She pushed herself threw the crowd, hand immediately latching onto Neteyam's wrist, "Ma'Teyam, what has happened?"

Imala didn't notice the tracker in his other palm, he only soothed her by rubbing his thumb against the flat of her flesh.

"My spirit sister and her baby... have been murdered by the Sky-people!" Ronal explained, the Metkayina's murmuring in disbelief.

Imala's eyes widened — murdered?

Had they come to them?

"This war has come to us! We knew about this hunting of our tulkun people, but it was over horizon far away. Now, it is here!" Tonowari yelled to them all.

Jake looked around in worry to their reaction, "You gotta understand how the Sky-people think. They don't care about the Great Balance."

"We don't answer to Sky-people!"

Neteyam shook his head, looking around at them all and waving his hand to quiet them, "Listen. Listen to him."

"The Sky-people are not gonna stop. This is only the beginning... You gotta tell your tulkun to leave. You gotta tell them to go far away!" Jake exclaimed, Ronal furrowing her brows and narrowing her eyes down at Jake, "Leave? You live among us, and you learn nothing."

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!"

Jake scrambled in worry, Imala burying her head into Neteyam's shoulder.

Neteyam turned to her, face contorted into sadness before running his hand through her locks, "It is okay, sevin."

"If you attack, if you fight, they will destroy you! They will destroy everything that you love... Here my words," Jake grabbed the tracker from Neteyam's hand and holding it up to silence them all, "You tell the tulkun that if they're hit by one of these... they're marked for death. And call for me, I'll silence it. Saving their lives, that's all that matters. Right? Saving your family."

Tonowari stepped to Jake, "Tell the tulkun."

Imala lifted her head, noticing Neteyam staring into the opposite direction of her.

"What is it?" Imala asked him.

"That skxawng..." Neteyam whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to Imala's head before running off after Lo'ak's figure.

She looked around, walking towards Tsireya and offering a gentle smile.

Imala knew how Tsireya was feeling.

The moment she found out the RDA came back, destroying her home and killing the animals, crushed Imala.

Nothing but fear would run her whole body.

"Is everything going to be okay?" Tsireya asked Imala, eyebrows soft as her eyes began to gloss with tears.

Imala wasn't going to lie, "I don't know. I'm so sorry this has happened."

Tsireya smiled at the apology, knowing it wasn't Imala's fault but she still apologised anyway. "It isn't your fault..." Tsireya replied.

Then they began to walk, probably towards the tulkun's so Tsireya could tell her sister.

But, something else caught their eye.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam yelled as he jumped into the water.

Neteyam smacked Ao'nung's chest, "Come on. He's going to Payakan."

Fuck.