022, Outcast.

"You allowed this!" Ronal began to shout, stepping into the pod

Imala furrowed her brows, looking over at Lo'ak who held his head low to the ground.

What had he done now? "You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" Ronal finished, getting close and Tsireya to prove her anger and pointed at Lo'ak.

"Tsireya, you disappoint me, daughter," Imala watched Tsireya's reaction to Tonowari's words, immediately wanting to go and hug all this hurt she felt away.

Neteyam looked sadly at Imala, reaching his arm out to take her palm into his.

Tonowari turned to Lo'ak, "And you... son of a great warrior, who has been taught better."

Oh, no. Imala watched Lo'ak step forward to retaliate against Tonowari, "Payakan saved my life, sir. You don't know him."

That was sure to get him in trouble with Jake.

"No, Lo'ak..." Tsireya warned him — knowing the consequences of Payakan's behaviour.

"Sit! Sit down!" Tonowari yelled, Imala instantly falling to her knees as Neteyam held onto her waist. He rubbed his thumb up and down, trying his best to soothe her.

She hated shouting, and it was obvious to him by now. How she'd flinch when someone raised their voice, even if it isn't aimed at her.

"Hear my words, boy. In the days of the First Songs, Tulkun fought amongst themselves for territory, and for revenge. But, they came to believe that killing, no matter how justified, only brings more killing. So, all killing was forbidden. This is the Tulkun way, Payakan is a killer. So, he is outcast," Tonowari explained to them all.

"I'm sorry, sir—" He was going to talk but Neytiri cut him off, "Lo'ak, you speak to Olo'eyktan!"

He went to speak again but Jake's anger got the best of him, "That's enough!"

Lo'ak stayed in silent for a bit, Imala turning on her heels to face Neteyam and scrunched her face in confused. "I know what I know," Lo'ak finally replied to them all, earning a hiss from Ronal at his reckless actions.

Jake stepped to him, "That's enough... I'll deal with this one."

Imala's ears dropped when Jake grabbed Lo'ak, ragging him towards their own pod.

She hadn't understood what Lo'ak had done.

He had bonded with Payakan?

How was she supposed to know he had done that? Lo'ak barely talks to her.

She stood, narrowing her eyes to Ronal and Tonowari before leaving the tense-filled pod.

Neteyam was quick to follow, standing on his feet and running after her. "Mala, wait," He said before she stopped and waited.

"Is he going to be okay?" Imala asked, worried about the scolding Jake will give Lo'ak.

Neteyam shrugged his shoulders, beginning to walk besides Imala as they inched to their pod.

"I hope Jake doesn't get that angry with me, one day..." Imala smiled, trying to ease her own nerves with humour.

"Like that would ever happen," Neteyam replied, feeling content as Imala rested her head against his tall shoulder.