009, Training.

Swimming wasn't Imala's best quality

Sure, she'd like the shower in the waterfall back home but Imala never had the time to swim. Plus, she never had the parents too teach her how to swim well.

Looking down at the water, Imala took a deep breath as she felt the spongy walkway fall deeper towards the ground. "C'mon!" Neteyam yelled to his siblings, Imala feeling the splash of water as they all jumped in.

She looked down, gulping deep. "Is something wrong, Imala?" Tsireya asked, seeing as Imala wasn't jumping in.

"Um, no, it's okay," Imala replied before taking one step over the edge, feeling her heart race within her chest. Filling her lungs with air, Imala jumped into the water without taking a second thought.

Breaking the surface and kicking her legs, Imala laughed to herself. Neteyam smiled proudly at her, his palms falling onto her waist from a protective instinct. "Are you okay?" He questioned, tone full of worry. Imala nodded in return, holding onto Neteyam's hand before both of them swam beneath.

She glared at her surroundings, taking the beautiful sights all in.

Imala tapped on Neteyam's shoulder with her free hand, pointing at a group of fishes that swam around.

However, Neteyam didn't focus on the fish. His eyes were too occupied staring at Imala's happiness, finding it warm his heart.

All that fear from before washed away into the water. Imala continued to hold onto his hand, Neteyam feeling as her grip got softer when she calmed down.

Swimming faster in front was Tsireya, Ao'nung and Rotxo. As they had more experience in the water, their swimming skill was much better.

Imala turned her head to the left when she felt Lo'ak tapping her and Neteyam, pointing upwards. They nodded their head, understanding his meaning, and swam to the surface where they took a large breath. "How do they hold their breath for this long?" Imala questioned their ability to practically breathe underwater, completely astonished.

Lo'ak shrugged, all of them swimming back into the deeper side.

It wasn't long before they were fighting for air again, swimming back to the surface.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked as they all swam to the top, joining the Omatikaya's. "You're too fast! Wait for us," Announced Tuk as she wiped the water from her eyes and face. Imala nodded in agreement, staring at Tsireya and finally releasing Neteyam's hand.

"Just breathe. Breathe," Tsireya responded.

Ao'nung's head popped out, immediately jabbing at their abilities: "You are not good divers. Maybe good at swimming through trees." Ao'nung's words were cut off once Tsireya hit his head, his laughter stopping almost instantly.

Neteyam shook his head, "We don't speak this finger talk. We don't know what you're saying." Tsireya was quick to respond: "I will teach you."

"Where is Kiri?" Rotxo asked.

Imala's face dropped into one of confusion as she noticed Kiri wasn't with them. "Who?" Ao'nung asked, not recognising the name which caused Lo'ak to glare at him.

"Did you see her?" Tsireya asked, wondering if anybody had seen her body swim away. Imala sighed, looking dead at Neteyam.

"We have to go back. What if she is in trouble?" Asked Imala, Neteyam nodding in agreement. Ao'nung rolled his eyes before sighing, "She is fine. There are no dangers in this part of the reef."

No dangers? There was a possibility that she could've drowned. "For you. Like you said, we are not good swimmers," Lo'ak responded to Ao'nung, narrowing his eyes and lowering his tone into something serious.

They all swarmed the ocean, coming together once finding Kiri admiring the coral and animals they hadn't seen before.

Imala closed her eyes, letting relief fule her emotions once again.