001, Wounded.

This was the feeling Imala enjoyed

The soft wind blew into Imala's hair, pushing it behind her shoulders, the feeling of melting into the Pandoran forest.

However, what she didn't like was the constant feeling of danger.

Her eyes scanned around the sky, looking for any Sky-people that threatened to damage her home even more.

The sound of Neytiri's war cries filled her ears, making her smile proudly as they defeated another demon aircraft.

"Imala, look where you're going!" Lo'ak shouted to the girl, noticing she had been getting distracted.

Imala quickly apologised and straightened Tswal, making herself fly slower in the air.

"Who brought her?" Lo'ak asked Neteyam, squinting his eyes in disbelief that Jake allowed her to come with them.

"Do not be cruel, brother," Neteyam warned him, shaking his head.

Lo'ak and Imala had never gotten along. She was too different for him, and she was liked more by his dad.

Imala tried to play off his feelings with laughter and jokes, but it sometimes hurt.

She was a people pleaser, and kind, so Lo'ak's feelings towards her didn't make sense.

"Your dad invited me, actually. He said 'You need to be out there more, Mala. Not trapped in your own little world, kid'," Imala repeated Jake's words to Lo'ak before smiling as the sound of another propeller was heard.

They looked down to the explosions, watching as the train crashed into the ground which made black smoke fill the air.

"Bro, we have got to get down there!" Lo'ak exclaimed as he rocked into Tswal, gaining the attention of both Imala and Neteyam.

Neteyam shook her head at the stupid introduction of his plan, "No way! Dad will skin us."

"He'll skin you two — he likes me too much," Imala jokingly replied, causing Lo'ak rolled his eyes at her truthful words.

"C'mon, don't be wusses! It'll be fine..." Lo'ak told the two, twisting the head of his ikran to fly down below towards the crashes.

Imala's eyes widened, going down into the battlefield wasn't smart, for her, she had no knowledge on the way of war.

If this didn't kill them, Jake will.

"Lo'ak, get back here you—" Neteyam growled at his brothers reckless behaviour before spinning his head to Imala, "You stay here."

Imala's head shook, "What if something happens to you?"

Neteyam couldn't help the soft smile fill his lips once hearing her words.

His head nodded in agreement, both of them flying downwards to find Lo'ak.

"Ah, the lovebirds finally decide to join me," Lo'ak sighed before running towards the weapons and taking a gun into his hands.

He held it into the air, pretending to aim at someone, or something, before Neteyam grabbed it, "You don't even know how to use it."

"Dad taught me!" Lo'ak replied, proudly.

Imala had healed many bullet wounds, just never having the courage to look the culprit of those injuries.

"Gunships inbound. Fall back!" The sound of Jake's loud shout fell into Imala's ear, making her gasp before running towards Tswal.

"No, no," She whispered to herself, knowing she wasn't going to make it in time.

Suddenly, a heavy explosion landed behind her, making her fragile body fly and crash against hard rocks.

Groans and whimpers of pain escaped Imala's mouth as she rolled around, attempting to stand again.

"Imala! Mala!" Jake shouted, Neteyam resting on his shoulder.

His hand landed onto her shoulder, inspecting her injured flesh before helping Imala to her feet.

"You able to fly?" Asked Jake, earning a nod from Imala.

"I'm sorry, sir," Imala apologised, the sound of battle only filling the areas of silence.

Jake sighed and nodded his head, "I know, kid. It's okay, it's your first time, okay?"

Imala nodded before rushing towards Tswal and mounting the beautiful banshee.

Flying in the sky, the harsh wind began to burn her wounds which caused Imala's face to twist into discomfort.

That caught the eye of Neteyam, shaking his head from allowing you to follow him down there.

Once landing in High Camp, Imala jumped from Tswal, stroking against her skin, "Mawey, Tswal."

Her soft whisper calmed Tswal, feeling their foreheads softly bang together.

"Mala!" The sweet voice of Tuk shouted towards Imala, resting her palms onto Tuk's shoulders as she softly hugged the girl.

"Fall in," Jake announced, Imala scrunched her face before leaving Tuk's comforting touch and inching towards Jake.

Neteyam looked at Imala, his ears flat and tail no longer enthusiastic as his eyes scanned across her battered flesh — blaming himself.

"You're supposed to be spotters. You spot bogies and you call them in, from a distance! Does that sound familiar? Get here!" Jake shouted to Lo'ak, pointing to where on the ground he wanted his youngest son to stand. "Jesus, I let you two geniuses fly a mission, help Imala learn spotting, and you disobey direct orders. Kiri, go help your grandmother with the wounded," Jake said.

Imala stood closer to Neteyam's body, allowing the tips of her fingers to brush against his leg.

He looked at her, silently thanking for the small affection of comfort.

It was usual he got in trouble with Jake.

So, it was easy for Imala to find out what helps sooth Neteyam's nerves.

"My brother, and Imala, are wounded. . ." Kiri responded, only tickling Jake's anger more.

"Tuk, go with her, go!" Jake exclaimed, Tuk stopped looking at Lo'ak's body and followed Kiri to Mo'at's hut. Neytiri circled them all, glaring down at Imala because she thought Imala would've known better than to follow them.

"Father, I take full responsibility," Neteyam said, his fingers curling around Imala's. She looked down at their conjoined hands, a small smile confronting his face.

Imala knew why he held onto her skin, because Jake wasn't going to take that last statement lightly, "Yeah, you do, that's right. Because you're the older brother, you gotta act like it."

Neytiri interrupted their scolding, head tilting and ears moving, "Ma'Jake, they are actually bleeding."

Neteyam shook his head, looking down at Imala and noticing the worried expression across her face.

Did Jake scare her that much?

"It is fine, mother," Neteyam explained before dropping his head down towards the ground to ignore his father's eyes.

Jake sighed, "Go and get patched up. Go on, dismissed."

Imala stood there, kicking one leg before Jake tapped her shoulder.

She looked at him with a smile, not understanding all this 'military' talk.

"Kid, that means you can go," Jake said before Imala nodded her head and chuckled nervously to herself, following Neytiri and Neteyam into Mo'at's hut.