017, Missing Boy.

"I'm going to pick you up, okay?" Neteyam said to Imala

She was still resting in his lap, legs draped over his thigh as she started to sleep on his chest.

Imala had become exhausted. The tears wouldn't stop flooding down her face, her heart wouldn't stop hurting as she replayed the awful memories that tormented her, back in the forest.

He lifted her into his arms, cringing as he heard her small mewls of detest. "I'm sorry, Imala. You're tired, you need to sleep," Neteyam told her, carrying her bridal style towards their pod.

Once placing her on the floor, he watched as she curled into a ball.

Imala's face was scrunched up, telling Neteyam she was still in pain. He leaned down to stroke her cheek, wanting to soak up everything she was feeling and help her lose all of those memories and emotions.

He couldn't imagine what she was feeling. First, her parents wanted nothing to do with her. They saw her as a useless child, putting themselves first without even taking one thought towards Imala. And then she gets teased for it — tormented. To the point, one day, it broke her and she cried within his warm arms.

How did anyone not notice? She hid it all behind a smile, a happy and positive persona.

"My sevin (pretty) girl, I'm so sorry," Neteyam whispered as he watched Imala's sleeping, twitching state. All he could do is apologise and try to make her future days better.

"Neteyam—" Ao'nung's voice could be heard causing Neteyam to narrow his eyes at him, letting him know Imala lay sleeping, "I have something I need to tell you."

Neteyam nodded, allowing him to speak further, "I may have took Lo'ak beyond the reef... and he hasn't returned."

Neteyam growled, pushing himself from the floor and moving towards Ao'nung. "You skxawng!" He grabbed at Ao'nung's ear, pulling him before the soft sounds of Imala could be heard.

He turned to her, immediately rushing to her body. "Don't leave, Teyam. I need you," Imala mumbled, grabbing onto his hand.

A small smile filtered his lips, squatting down besides her. "I have to go, Mala. Lo'ak is in trouble because of this skxawng," Neteyam gritted his teeth during the last word, aiming them towards Ao'nung who stood watching.

Neteyam pulled a thin blanket over Imala, slowly creeping away before dragging Ao'nung to Jake.

The commotion was becoming louder, and louder, with every minute.

So loud, it woke Imala from her sleep. Stumbling out of the pod, her burning eyes watched as Lo'ak walked away from Jake, Neytiri and Neteyam.

"Where were you?" Neytiri asked Neteyam, his eyesight landing on Imala's stance.

Imala stepped forward, placing herself besides Jake. "He was with me, um, helping me," Imala said before Jake glanced down at her, noticing her tear-stained cheeks and puffy eyes.

Neytiri snapped her head towards Imala, a low growl escaping her chest. "You are nothing but a distraction for him," Neytiri announced, Imala's ears dropping at the words.

Neteyam inched towards Imala, his hands landing on her waist. "Neytiri!" Jake warned, making her tilt her head to him, "Look at her. She doesn't look 'well'."

One glance at Imala and you could tell she wasn't happy. Her limbs were still shaking, her face was still twisted into sadness. Neytiri nodded her head, allowing her ears to drop also, "I heard about Ao'nung. I hope he doesn't cause you anymore trouble, Imala."

Imala smiled at her words before Neteyam began to walk her back to the pod, "You need rest."