018, Payakan.

Imala felt Neteyam's palm settle against her waist as she squatted in front of him

They listened in fascination as Lo'ak told his story of being beyond the reef, how he had befriended a lone tulkun.

Although, he seemed happy, the Metkayina's surrounding them were not amused. Paawnu started at him in confusion, knowing the tulkun haven't returned back to them yet. Junhe was listening intently, trying to make sense of the whole situation without harming Lo'ak's feelings.

"I wish I'd been there... The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother," Kiri spoke to him, Imala feeling her knees tiring beneath her before settling down fully to the ground, Neteyam didn't loosen his grip on her flesh.

"The Tulkun's have not returned, yet — and anyway, no Tulkun is ever alone," Ao'nung explained, bending down so his words were more clear. "This one was. He had, um, a missing fin. Like, a stump on his left side," Lo'ak explained the appearance of this creature.

That was when Tsireya caught on, she turned to face her friends and brother in disbelief: "Payakan. It's Payakan."

What was wrong with Payakan? Imala turned to look at Neteyam with furrowed brows, earning a shrug in reply from him.

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked the question they were all wondering. "A young Tulkun who wen't rogue. He's outcast, alone and has a missing fin," Rotxo went on to explain. Alone? What had he done to deserve this?

"They say he is a killer," Tsireya added on.

Imala was immensely intrigued with this all.

"No—" Lo'ak tried to detest but Ao'nung cut him off, "He killed Na'vi, and other Tulkun's. Not here, but far to the south."

Lo'ak shook his head. He had met this Tulkun, he understood what he was like — how friendly it was. How he saved his life, "No, he's no killer!"

"Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive," Tsireya told him, meeting his eyes before holding onto his arm. Imala smiled, "Surely he isn't that dangerous if he saved Lo'ak's life, right?"

Lo'ak offered Imala a smile, glad someone was trying to understand him. "I'm telling you guys, he saved me life! He is my friend..." Lo'ak explained before Neteyam stood, Imala missing the warmth of his hands immediately, and gripped onto Lo'ak's shoulders.

"My baby bro, the mighty warrior who faced the killer Tulkun and lived to tell about it," Announced Neteyam, pushing Lo'ak with his hands.

Lo'ak pushed Neteyam off of him, "You guys aren't listening."

Tuk lifted her head at the words as she watched Lo'ak begin to walk away: "Lo'ak, I'm listening!"

Imala couldn't help but smile at her sentence, before it was wiped away when Paawnu stood besides Neteyam. "Oops," She exclaimed after tripping over Rotxo's foot, landing in the arms of Neteyam so she wouldn't fall to the ground, "Sorry, Teyam."

Teyam? Since when did she call him Teyam? Imala looked back to Junhe, confused expression painting her features.

Neteyam moved away, releasing her grip from his arms, "Do not worry."

Ao'nung snickered to himself, knowing Paawnu hadn't accidentally 'fell' into him.