027, Is It Over.

The waiting felt eternity

Neteyam paced around Ronal's hut, hands clasped together like he was praying to Eywa.

Well, he was.

He wanted to hear Imala, feel her breath, feel her heartbeat. Know she is alive, and well. A simple bullet wouldn't take Imala down, she was his strong girl, how would it?

"Can I come in?" Neteyam asked but he had gained no answer, nor did he hear the whimpering of Imala.

He couldn't lose her.

He had only just got her.

Perhaps he had admitted his love too late. Neteyam had only spent little time with Imala as an official couple.

"You can come in..." Ronal's voice didn't have optimism to her tone, but he walked in nonetheless.

Neteyam looked down at Imala's unconscious body.

Her stomach was wrapped in white cloth, a beige smudge of healing clay placed where her wound once tormented her flesh.

And her chest was moving.

Neteyam fell to his knees, instantly crawling towards Imala before placing his ear to her chest.

Listening to her steady heartbeat, Neteyam's ears filled with liquid.

"Neteyam..." Her throat was dry, meaning her words fell crisply from her lips. "I'm here. I'm right here, sevin girl," Neteyam replied before leaning up to show his face.

A small smile fell onto Imala's lips, Ronal taking this as a moment to leave them alone.

"Is it over?" Imala asked.

Neteyam nodded his head, remembering his family coming back to them in one piece.

"It is over, tìyawn," Neteyam kissed her nose.

Imala felt instant relief, allowing her body to relax as she winced from the pain.

"And is everyone okay?" There goes his girl, placing anyone before herself once again.

"Yes... everyone is okay," Neteyam replied with a laugh, Imala's eyes closing in relief.

"I'm sorry, Teyam," She said weakly.

Neteyam's eyebrows furrowed — what had she been sorry for? "There is nothing to be sorry for, sevin. As long as you're okay," Neteyam reassured her before pressing a long kiss to her forehead, breathing in her familiar and sweet scent, "That is all that matters."