021, In So Much Trouble.

"We are so dead

"We are so dead..."

Imala and Neteyam knew the moment they returned home, Jake would punish them for their reckless actions.

Even though they knew this, they still laid in their same position they had woken in.

Imala's head rested against Neteyam's chest, his hand wrapping around her back and rubbing against her arm to soothe her nerves.

They were still hidden behind the waterfall meaning, not doubt, Jake and the others had spent most of the eclipse searching for them both. "We are in so much trouble," Imala whispered against Neteyam's chest, tracing her fingers around his white freckles.

"Ma'Teyam, as comfortable as this is, I do not wish to make your mother more upset with me," Imala continued to speak before leaning her chin on his shoulder, "We should go back."

Neteyam nodded and stood to his feet, taking Imala's hand and dragging her with him.

"Jake will be fine, right?" Imala asked, Jake was the only parental figure in her life — upsetting him would upset her.

"It'll be fine, yawnetu. There is no need to worry," Neteyam reminded Imala.

He bent forwards, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead before both began to reveal themselves from behind the waterfall.

Absentmindedly, Neteyam's tail curled around the plush of Imala's thigh. She giggled, leaning against his body as they continued to walk.

It was a simple touch, but it was enough to send Imala's body into tingles.

"Mala... Dad! They're back! Mala and Teyam are back," Tuk announced, instantly running towards them and checking for wounds.

The sound of Jake running towards them sent their heads flying in his direction, "What are you thinking, boy? Staying out all night! Had me and your mother worried."

Jake pressed his palms against Imala's shoulders before, also, checking for any wounds. "You were with him? You alright, kid?" Jake asked, completely ignoring Neteyam's tail and their twined fingers.

Neteyam and Imala looked at each other and laughed.

Jake truly did have a soft spot for her.

"This was your fault, was it not? Neteyam knows better than to disobey us," Neytiri spoke as she rushed towards them, pulling Neteyam's body into her chest.

The warmth of Neteyam's touch, she missed.

Imala's head fell to the ground. "They're just kids. Kids do stuff like this, right?" Jake asked, moving his hands to gain an answer from them both, "There's no danger here."

Jake knew better than to test Neytiri.

"Mother, it is okay. Imala didn't do anything," Neteyam announced before moving himself back to Imala, hand latching into hers again.

That move made her ears spike up, and the corner of her lips twist into a smile.

Neteyam knew how to make Imala happy again, all it took was one simple hold of her flesh in his. "I'm sorry, Neytiri. It won't happen again..." That's a promise they shouldn't make.

Neytiri nodded her head once, "It is fine. Just, let Jake or I know when you're both going to be out. He usually allows you out at night anyways."

Jake flicked his eyes away from Neytiri's stare, how did she even know that?

Jake's throat cleared, "You're both on fetching dinner duties as punishment. Go, go!"