011, A Natural.

Ao'nung called an Ilu: "These are Ilu

Ao'nung called an Ilu: "These are Ilu. If you want to live here, you have to ride."

Imala looked around, admiring Awa'atlu as she realised home was a place Imala missed; dearly.

Imala felt a connection to the forest, a feeling of belongingness happened throughout her body whenever her delicate steps traced the dirt.

Within Awa'atlu, it was obvious Imala wasn't welcomed warmly by some Metkayina's.

And she couldn't blame them. Why would they willingly open their arms for people who's name means nothing but danger?

All Imala could do was swallow it harshly and put up with the consequences, and training, of moving to Awa'atlu. It is where she stood today, in the water with the other children as her hands wiggled with the smooth waves.

Neteyam carried Tuk in the water, taking Imala's hand to drag her towards an Ilu.

"Are they safe?" Imala questioned as she grabbed her queue, Tuk being settled into the water after Neteyam put her down. Ao'nung nodded his head, "Safer than your Ikran."

That was understandable. Ilu's don't try to kill you when you bound with them.

Imala nodded before jumping atop of the Ilu, feeling Neteyam's hand rest on her waist so she wouldn't fall into the water. "Thanks," Imala whispered to Neteyam, watching as Ao'nung held the Ilu's queue up to Imala's.

"Do it gently. You will get used to it quicker," Ao'nung announced before Imala looked at the pink tendrils connecting with hers. Taking in a breath, she felt everything within the Ilu. "Now tell her what to do, slowly," Ao'nung pronunciated 'slowly.'

Imala held onto the handle on the Ilu's head, taking a deep breath as she told it to go beneath the surface.

The pressure of the water pushed against her, but she didn't let go.

Swimming around on the Ilu, Imala couldn't help but smile bright as she swam in a circle, twisting her body with the Ilu before raising to the top for a breather.

"I did it!" Imala yelled, noticing Lo'ak coming to the top after falling from his Ilu, "Are you alright?" She asked him.

Lo'ak only glared at Imala, hearing the tormenting laughs come from all the Metkayina's. "I see Imala is a natural at this. Much better than you, Lo'ak," Ao'nung announced as he inched closer to them, placing his hand onto Imala's shoulder.

The girl flicked her eyes to look at his palm resting on her flesh. What she didn't see was the way Neteyam reacted.

His fingers curled into a ball, his jaw clenching whilst his teeth felt they were going to shatter. Why does he have to have this need of protection over Imala?

Neteyam inched towards them, taking Imala's wrist and dragged her close to him: "Yes. Imala is good at everything, right?" He questioned Ao'nung, watching intently as Ao'nung's smile dropped.

"I wouldn't say that," Imala smiled as she felt Neteyam's leg brush against hers, declaring how close he held her against him.

She pulled away, turning around so he wouldn't see the blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"My turn!" Tuk shouted as she looked at the Ilu, Tsireya chuckling in response. Imala looked at Tsireya, "Are they safe for children?"

Tsireya nodded before helping Tuk mount the Ilu: "Sure, many children ride Ilu's from a young age here."