𝟎𝟏, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝⋆

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I've always seen Cousins as my second home, I've been coming here since I was a little girl. The clear blue skies that never seemed to rain, the sand between my toes, and the little things like how the sun would beam into my room in the morning, mattered the most to me. When I was at Cousins I felt like that little girl who once collected every shell from the beach; I never wanted to grow up when I was at Cousins.

I opened the window of the car, and a small breeze passed through my hair as I stretched my arm out the window. My hand tingled from the cold shivers which left goosebumps on my arm. I could hear the soft sound of music playing through the radio and when I realised it was Taylor I instantly leaned forward to turn up the volume.

My brother instinctively rolled his eyes as I began to sing the lyrics of 'style' which is one of my favourite songs. But what he didn't know was that I could discretely see him tapping his fingers to the rhythm of the song which made me smile.

This is what I loved. When I'm in Cousins I feel so carefree, going in the pool whenever I want, surfing, long drives at night, and the muffin runs, I loved every single part.

"If you sing any longer then my ears are gonna bleed." My brother Oakley scoffed, he's a year younger than me.

The only reason he's driving is that mom promised him he could practise ready for his upcoming test. If I'm being honest, he's a total shit show in the car; I was crossing my fingers that we would make it to the Fishers. He easily gets distracted which is not ideal when driving which is why he should let me drive.

"And if you keep swerving in the middle of the road then we are gonna crash." I sarcastically replied which caught my mom's attention- typical.

"Olivia, not whilst he's driving."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the smirk that appeared on my brother's face. As the older sister my mom likes to make sure that I set a good example. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother to bits but I'm not always the best example, I've heard enough of moms lectures. But that doesn't mean I don't look out for him because trust me, the amount of times I've taken the blame for him is tiring.

"I want you guys to be better at helping out this summer." My mom was speaking to both of us but I could see her glaring towards my brother which made me smirk.

"I mean it, don't leave stuff all over the house and for the love of god Oakley put your dishes in the sink not next to it." He threw his hands up almost trying to defend himself as if mom was wrong, but we both know she was right.

I always try my best to look out for Susannah, after the last couple of years, it's been tough on all of us but especially her and the boys. Simply doing the dishes was a help to her and she was always grateful for it which is what I admired about her, she was like my second mother.