𝟏𝟒, 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I had won, we had won.

I didn't think it would be possible not after the events of today, it didn't feel like I had time to process the news. Especially because I couldn't tell anyone; I couldn't help but feel bad for Conrad, all those times he was quiet and closed off and here we all were thinking he was hung up on a breakup- It made me feel quite foolish and naive.

Belly had invited me to come to hang out with her Taylor and the Debs but I declined; I didn't feel in the mood so here I was again stuck with the boys at home. They were playing video games but, I was quite happy just watching them.

"Jere, you have to come to the party tonight, man it's gonna be sick."

"Sounds cool." Jere didn't sound as enthusiastic as my brother and Steven which was odd for him.

"What's wrong with you?" Oakley questioned, although they were both more focused on the screen in front of them.

"Nothing, I just don't really feel like going out tonight." He scratched the back of his head, I looked at him with knitted brows but he just shook his head at me before getting up.

"All right, I-I've got some stuff to do, have fun." He went to walk out leaving us all confused, maybe he had somehow overheard me and Conrad- what if Jeremiah knew?

"What's with him?" Conrad walked in looking at me as if I knew, but I was just as clueless as him.

"He's not coming tonight, so it's just you, me and Oakley." Guess I was out of the equation, not that I would've gone anyways but, an invite would've been appreciated.

"Yeah, about that, bro I might bail, too." Conrad was standing above me whilst I lay on the sofa, I looked up with my brows knitted.

"No, no bro, you haven't hung out all summer." Normally I would agree with Steven because Connie has been distant but now I know the reason I feel less obliged to have a go at him for it.

"Bro, it's not gonna be... Conrad, come on, man we are gonna be so mad at you if you don't come to the party tonight." Oakley chipped in.

"Guys he said he doesn't want to go so leave him alone." I also chipped in gaining looks from both boys, it was almost like they had forgotten I was even there because they were so glued to those stupid controllers.

"Fine I'll go." Conrad smiled.

"Fucking finally, you know, you've really neglected us man." Steven and Oakley quickly got up from the sofa making me sit up as the boys trailed off.

Conrad trailed behind so I quickly grabbed his hand, pulling him back and out of ear's reach from the others. He looked a little confused as I titled my head with concern: