𝟏𝟔, 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

"Today is the big day my sweet girl, are you excited?" Anna clapped as she directed me to the back room.

I was currently blindfolded as she led me into the room, I felt myself tripping over things as she muttered sorry for her messy directions.

"I know we never got a chance to go dress shopping, and I know what kinda thing you like...of course your mother helped too." She whispered the last part making me giggle as she removed the blindfold to reveal the dress that stood before me.

The white gown was like snow, it stood proudly in its place and shimmered in the sunlight due to the small embroidered gems. The top was a corset with flower patterns spiralled all around whilst the bottom flowed elegantly just touching the floor.

My jaw hung open as I stood speechless before I started jumping up and down as I engulfed my mom and Anna in a hug.

"I love it so much it's beautiful! Thank you, thank you!" The smile wouldn't leave my face as I admired the dress again.

"Of course, my love now, go change into it so I can paint your portrait." She clapped her hands together as she set up her easel whilst I went to go change.

I was the last one to have mine painted and from what I've heard from the others, it's a very boring process. But I didn't mind, if it makes Susannah happy then I'm happy; this summer is her last summer and anything I can do to capture every second then I will.

I entered my room and slipped on the dress, reaching to the back to do the zipper- but it was no use. I stretched my arm but I couldn't reach the zip as I let out a heavy sigh.

"Need a hand?" I was half expecting it to be Conrad since he's always snooping around and seems to find my door very easily.

"That would be great, thanks Lee," To my surprise, it was my brother which I was much more fortunate about.

He quickly zipped up the dress before stepping back, letting me turn around to face him with a smile, "You look great Liv, I'm proud of you." He smiled to which I returned.

"Thanks, bro, that means a lot," I pulled him into a side hug before reaching into my cupboard as I pulled out my white Converse.

"What are you doing with those?" He chuckled as I hopped around my room trying to slip them on.

"What? You think I would be caught dead in heels?" He rolled his eyes as we both laughed.

"Remind me again how you're my sister." I scoffed nudging him as I walked past.

"You should be lucky you have me, now I must go get my portrait taken." I finished with an accent as I curtsey before leaving the room and rushing downstairs.