𝟑𝟎, 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I stood in a beautiful royal blue dress that hugged my body, my accents of gold jewellery tied the look together and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Kath and a few other friends from Conrad's college were all lined up with their dates as I gestured for him to join me. I had a knowing grin on my face as I pulled him closer, he smiled faintly as he stood behind me so we could take photos.

My mom was standing giddly with her phone whilst Anna was connected on a call via an iPad which was an odd sight but I was just glad she could somewhat enjoy this moment.

"Laurel, you-you got, you got a full-body shot, right?" Anna's voice echoed through the iPad making me smile, I wish she could've been here in person she loves this type of stuff.

"And I want, I want the back of Liv's hair, not just the front." We all laughed as my mom rolled her eyes playfully.

"Beck." My mom chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Emily, but you suck at taking pictures." I bit my lip as I held back my laughter from Susannah's remark; I looked at Conrad who smiled faintly making my smile drop a little.

Oakley had come downstairs now and was trying to help my mom use her phone which was sweet of him. We all stood smiling, Conrad's arms were wrapped around my torso as I held him with excitement whilst my mom continued to take photos. He looked gorgeous in his tux and he had even slicked back his hair which looked different on him but I liked it.

"Let me see their corsages!" Susannah exclaimed.

The other girls extended their arms to show off the beautiful flowers that laced their wrists but my smile faltered when I realised I didn't have one.

"Do you, do you...?" I turned to face him, desperately hoping that he had left it in the kitchen but the guilt in his face said different.

"Shit." He exclaimed as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What's wrong?" I questioned choosing to act dumb in hopes that he was just joking around.

"I don't have your corsage," I tried not to look disappointed, not wanting him to feel any worse than he probably already did, "I must've left it in my dorm fridge."

I could tell it was starting to stress him out, I grabbed his hands and looked into his sharp blue eyes. I smiled softly before muttering that it was okay, I didn't need a corsage anyway it wouldn't change the night it was just a phew photo.

Kath exchanged a sympathetic look with me before finally uttering that we had to go otherwise we would be late; I grabbed Conrad's hand so we could follow the others but he pulled me back softly so I was facing him. He didn't look like himself, he was so spaced out and I hated it because I didn't know what to do.