𝟐𝟒, 𝐣𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐣𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

It was December, the tree was up, and the lights glistened as the snow fell outside making shivers go up my spine. It was winter break hence why I was back home to visit family yet I had a certain someone on my mind. I was rushing around my room grabbing any clothes I could find from my dresser; my phone continued to ping in the back of my jeans making me stop what I was doing to see if it was him.

- I'm here
sent at 1:32 am

I smiled, quickly shoving my phone back in my pocket as I slung my bag over my shoulder and raced out the door. I crept down the hallway and tip-toed down the stairs to be quiet considering it was the middle of the night this was very spontaneous of me. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face as I opened the front door lit from the porch light.

I looked down the road finally spotting the car as I sped up my pace to open the door where I was greeted with a bright smile and blue eyes.

"Hi." I breathed out, stepping into the car.

"Hey." He grinned as he leaned against the steering wheel.

"I can't believe you're here."

"Yeah, me neither."

We both stared at each other in awe for what felt like years; his hair was longer and he had some form of stubble making him look more mature.

"You didn't bring a coat?" He questioned as he started up the engine.

"Uh, I forgot but I'm not even cold," I smiled awkwardly.

Just like that, he was taking his grey fleece off making me scoff at the gesture. He struggled to get the thick material off making me giggle as he finally handed it to me.

"What a gentleman."

"That I am," He chuckled, "Wanna go to the beach?"

It seemed crazy but I still found myself agreeing as we took off down the street. I felt mysterious as we drove in the darkness, no one knew where we were or what we were doing, it was just Conrad and I. I smiled to myself before turning to face the window where trees blurred as we drove past.

Except it wasn't dark anymore, no, in fact, it was bright and green and when I turned to look at the driver it wasn't the person I wanted to be instead I was alone. I checked my phone to see the time as the coach continued down various roads that I didn't recognise. I didn't bring much because I was in so much of a rush but what I had brought should be enough for now.

I messaged Kath to ensure that she was aware of what was happening, I didn't want anyone to find out, not yet. If any of the Conklins or my family found out Conrad was gone it would create so much stress and panic; none of them needed that right now, so it wouldn't hurt to lie, just for a bit.