𝟐𝟏, 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

It was the weekend and I was travelling in the car back home for Stevens's graduation speech, I wasn't going to go, too scared I would make things awkward and didn't want to ruin his big day. Steven convinced me to go; he gave this speech about how much it would mean to him if I was there and I couldn't say no to him.

Kath offered to come with me but I politely declined, not wanting to get dragged into anything I didn't want to do like a party or something random and spontaneous.

It felt weird being behind the wheel let alone the fact that I was going home because I hadn't been behind the wheel in a while. Recently, I feel like I've lost my shine as Anna would call it and maybe that was because she wasn't here to remind me of it.

I finally made it to the school car park where I touched up my make-up in the mirror before stepping out and hurrying inside. I opened the hall doors to see everyone already sat down their gaze on Steven as he spoke. He noticed me walk in which, isn't hard to do as I want subtle; Steven paused for a second a smile laced on his face like he was a little kid. It melted my heart as I smiled before quickly sitting down at the back so he could continue.

I scanned the room to try and find the others who were all sitting at the front which made me realise that I hadn't seen any of them in ages, not even my own family. From what I could see from the back, they all looked so happy and proud and I couldn't help but feel isolated. It hadn't hit me that I hadn't spoken to them all in a while, what happens if they didn't want to speak to me?

"They say that everything happens for a reason," Steven spoke, confidence laced in his voice and he projected his voice across the room.

"Now who they are exactly is unclear, maybe a theologian coined it," Laughter erupted in the room, "Or I don't know whoever configured the simulation were clearly living in."

"Maybe it was Rihanna," That line made me laugh, it had Steven written all over it.

Steven always knew how to light up a room, he did it so effortlessly that it made me jealous of his natural talent. It was great that we all had Steven because even though he was struggling too, he would never let it ruin anyone's mood. I guess that's something I need to work on...

Steven continued to deliver his speech and I admired him from afar, this was a big moment for him and I felt like a proud older sister especially when he would look at me every once in a while almost like he was checking on me.

"You know, breakups don't always lead to breakthroughs." That line stuck with me because it reminded me of what happened between me and Connie this summer, "Sometimes a girl dumps you after an awesome summer, and it sucks." Shayla and Steven also broke up just before summer ended, something to do with her moving back home and the long-distance thing not working.