𝟎𝟔, 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I tried and tried, I followed the recipe and it still wasn't going to plan. I could feel myself getting overwhelmed when the cake mixture looked like a gooey mess. I had been making this cake for years and it had always gone perfectly, so I couldn't understand why now it would be any different. I took a deep breath as I took the messily iced cake and placed it onto the glass stand before walking to the countertop.

One of the boys must've left their ball in the kitchen because I completely missed it, losing my balance as I slipped. The cake collided with the floor creating a smeared mess of crumbs and icing, the sound of glass shattering startled me as I gained my breath.

I cursed under my breath as I felt someone's hands on my shoulders behind me as they came to face me revealing the person to be a concerned Conrad.

"Liv, shit are you okay?" I felt lost in his eyes as he waited for a response but I couldn't get my words out.

"I- uh, yeah yeah, I'm fine," I choked.

I felt like a ticking time bomb that had finally exploded, one thing after another would blow up in my face and it had gotten to the point that I didn't know what to do. Just to add to my problems of course Conrad was the one to find me, it felt like he was the start of all my problems.

"No, no, no my cake for Belly is ruined." I began to panic, an unfamiliar feeling of being unable to breathe engulfing my body.

"Hey, look at me," When I didn't look at him I felt his hand move to my chin so he could softy lift my head, "Don't worry about the cake okay, let's make sure you have no cuts."

It felt foreign for Conrad to be this gentle with me, it was a rare side that not many people saw. It felt comforting almost as if we were back to last summer.

"I can't even make a stupid cake." I put my hands to my head as my breathing increased, "I've ruined Belly's birthday."

"No, you haven't ruined Belly's birthday, she had a great day okay?"

"It's all too much, the moms are being secretive," His eyes widened when I said that, I wasn't too sure why but he quickly concealed his surprise as I continued, "You've barely spoken to me all summer, the cakes ruined and worst of all I've still got to do this stupid deb ball." I was on the verge of tears, I felt vulnerable as I fumbled with my words.

"I- uh I didn't know you felt like that." He admitted, I could tell he felt guilty, he had this look on his face as he played with the hem of his shirt.

We were still sitting on the floor of the kitchen, surrounded by glass and smudged cake; it wasn't the prettiest scene but right now I didn't care. Conrad was leaning against the island and I sat with my knees up to my chest.