𝟏𝟕, 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

Did I hear him right?

"What are you doing?" I questioned, becoming panicked because it felt like everyone was watching us now.

"Something right I hope look, this was never going to work." He held my hands as I tilted my head in confusion, "But thank you."

Cooper walked backwards, his hands falling from mine as he smiled. I looked around suddenly feeling a lot smaller; I could hear chatter among the tables as people whispered until he stood up. Conrad stood up. He looked as shocked as I was as he walked towards me almost in what felt like slow motion.

I felt too scared to move so I just watched, I watched as he got closer to me until he was only inches away.

"I think I remember most of the steps." I felt a smile grace my face as he took my hands in his own, the sparks igniting my body with excitement.

He brought me closer as we slowly walked back to join up with the others as the music began to play I couldn't help but continue to smile as he smiled back at me. Belly was behind me, still, no Jeremiah to be seen, I don't know what was up with him but I couldn't believe he would disappear so last minute. My brother had stepped in to dance with her which I thought was sweet of him.

Conrad turned as his hand reached for mine, our hands interlocked and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I curtsied before twirling into his arms as we spun, he smelled nice, vanilla and sea salt, just like his room.

We continued to dance and I felt like I was on cloud nine and we spun around the room in sync with the other debs. This is what I had been waiting for, it was perfect, everything was perfect just how Susannah had wanted.

"Thank you," I whispered as he held me in his brace.

"For what?" He whispered back with a chuckle.

"You know what." We both smiled as I twirled back and forth, my dress gliding across the floor.

"Im surprised at how well you're doing." He smirked making me scoff as I subtly kicked him, "Ow! Okay, I'm sorry I'm sorry." We both smiled as he stepped to the floor I walked around him before he lowered me into the final position.

Everyone started clapping but I was in my own world, I couldn't take my eyes off him as I looked from his eyes to his lips.

"I'm glad, glad that it was me." I smiled at his words as he held my hands.