𝟏𝟎, 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝?

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

"𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝?"⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

The Debutante ball was the biggest event of the year, the enormous gowns, the tailored suits, dances, dates, the list could go on forever. I never would've imagined that I would be a part of that world but here I was, standing in the Country Club with the other Deb girls.

I felt foreign sitting at a table with Belly and the other girls, the fact that Bells wasn't even talking to me made this experience ten times worse.

We were now spotted around the room with our partners, well, I wasn't. Everyone seemed to have already a date apart from Belly who was with Nicole. I felt my cheeks flush red from embarrassment as the music started to play from the speaker softly.

I felt someone softly touch the small of my back, flinching I quickly turned around to see the same curly-haired boy from yesterday- it was Cooper.

"M'lady, care to have this dance?" He bowed down and placed his hand out for me to take, I couldn't help the laughter that escaped my mouth as I took his hand eagerly.

"Well of course you can, good sir," I spoke with a posh accent, which was quite bad.

We spun around the room quite elegantly well, he led me and I tried to follow although I was clumsy with my steps I seemed to be picking it up pretty quickly.

"So why are you here?" I questioned, watching as his face dropped, "Not that I don't want you here, I just didn't see you as the whole Deb scene type." I saved myself making him chuckle.

"I could say the same about you," He scoffed, "Nah I've been doing this thing for a couple of years now I normally step in if someone doesn't have a partner, I couldn't resist coming over to you." He spoke with a flirtatious tone in his voice.

Suddenly the once elegant music had turned into an upbeat tune that we were all very familiar with, everyone looked around in confusion before the culprit became clear. Jeremiah was dancing like a madman with Belly, the mood lightning very swiftly making everyone dance to the rhythm, including Cooper and I.

I was so caught up in the moment with Cooper that I didn't even notice Conrad in the corner of the room, staring intently at me with his fists clenched by his side. Hints of jealousy seeped through in his posture but he caught himself when Nicole was giggling at his presence.

The music had been cut and I came back to reality turning to see Conrad standing at the door, my smile dropping in an instant. We held eye contact which felt like an eternity, we both had so much to say but didn't know how to. As everyone began to leave Cooper and I began to walk out too.

"Thank you for today, it was way better than dancing alone." I turned to him, both of us stopping.

"It's no problem, we couldn't have you on your own now could we?" He chuckled.