𝟐𝟎, 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭⋆

𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I finally came out of my daydream when I heard a distant voice coming towards me; I blinked a couple of times before I was face to face with Kath and a few of my other friends whom we had met on campus.

"Hey, you alright?" I heard the concern in her voice as her smile faltered, I quickly nodded before forcing a smile.

"Oakley mentioned Stevens's grad party, It's a shame we aren't by to crash it," The others laughed at her words as she jokingly nudged my shoulder making me chuckle.

"Since when do you message my brother?" Oakley was back home with Mom, he's in the same year as Belly so they were still in high school.

It felt strange to be away from home for so long, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss them; because I really did especially after this summer, I feel like I need them more than ever. Everything has changed recently, Oakley and I hadn't been getting on very well and have barely been calling since I've been at college. Of course, I still get daily phone calls from my mom and you can hear the odd 'hello' in the background from my brother but it wasn't the same.

"Never mind that, we should have our own party, or at least go to one," Kath grasped my shoulders as the other girls agreed leaving only me to agree.

"I don't know-" I was cut off before I could even finish my sentence.

"Oh come on please, for me? When was the last time we went to a party together?" Kath pouted her lips, a saddened look on her face which made me feel more guilty than ever.

"I'll think about it,"

"She'll think about it, that's not a no!" Kath clapped with excitement before saying her goodbyes as she hurried to her next lesson allowing me to let out a sigh.

I couldn't help but remember those words from Anna when she first pleaded for me to be a Debutante. I was so adamant that I wouldn't do it and now I would say yes in a heartbeat if it meant I was doing something with her.

I shrugged my bag on my back and sped down the halls, pushing past people who were going the opposite way to their lessons. Skipping one lesson wouldn't hurt I mean, I was barely paying attention anyway; I felt so withdrawn from everyone and everything.

I hurried down the stairs as a car came speeding round the corner just as I was about to step onto the road making me jolt backwards. It was a car of frat boys blasting music, beer in hand as they slurred their words. I felt my heart rate pick up as I closed my eyes to calm myself down.

I opened my eyes slowly, squinting at the bright lights that were ahead of me; there was a faint ringing in my ears as sirens blared. The vibrant blue and red lights flashed violently as I gained my bearings, my whole body felt sore almost like somebody had knocked all the air out of my body. I felt disorientated as I turned my head to the side to see the figure of a person, I felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness and then I was lying down.