𝟐𝟐, 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭⋆

𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

It had been an hour or so since Stevens's graduation ceremony and I was now back at my house with belly rummaging through my closet getting ready for a party that I wasn't still one hundred per cent about. However, they all wanted me to come and I feel like I owe that to them so here I was.

"I am so excited that you're finally here this summer," Belly clapped her hands together as she continued to chuck clothes on the floor.

"Well I have to go back to college at some point Bells," I half-heartedly spoke, my eyes looking down as I traced circles on my bed sheets.

"Can we do, like, everything that we never got to do together," It seemed Belly didn't really get what I was trying to say but I chose to let her have her moment.

"Let's start by figuring out what I'm gonna wear," I finally got up from my place on the bed and started skipping through the coathangers that hung in my wardrobe.

Most of the clothes that were at home still were from last summer which I hadn't seen in a little while. It made my heart hurt a little as it seemed like so long ago since I had worn them all at Cousins; it also brought back memories that I didn't realise still hurt.

"I'm thinking this," Belly pulled out a dress and I quickly shook my head in disagreement.

She nodded and put the hanger back before continuing to skim through revealing a navy blue hoodie that made her pause. I looked up to see why she had stopped before realising what she had stopped to look at.

I put my hand on the arm of the hoodie as I heard my phone buzz making my head whip around as Bellys talking faded into the background.

The call came the second week of September, three weeks since the last time I'd seen him. I would be lying if I said my face didn't light up when I saw his face appear on my phone.

"Hey," I spoke a little too eager, mentally scolding myself.

"Hey," He almost sounded embarrassed to be calling making me feel sick, "Is it okay that I'm calling?"

I went silent unsure of what to say to him, I didn't expect him to call and we hadn't spoken in a couple of weeks so what was I supposed to even say?

"I shouldn't have called, this was dumb," He let out a sigh.

"No, no it's okay," I smiled, not that he could see me.

"Um... we're still friends, right?" He asked it was muffled and it felt awkward.

"Yeah, yeah, we're friends, yeah." It pained me to say that, I didn't just want to be friends but it wasn't possible to be more than that either.