𝟏𝟐, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭⋆

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

This summer was complicated, and not in the fun teenage dream book way.

How had things gone so downhill recently? This was supposed to be a summer to remember but for the right reasons, not like this. Perhaps I was the reason for my troubles; after all, it seemed to suffocate me this summer and it felt like I was drowning.

So that's where I was now, in my bed with the covers over me with no volleyball partner- okay well that's partly a lie.

I originally was supposed to be with Kath but that idea is out the window; I usually would ask Conrad but things feel uneasy between us now. But then again...he's the best player I know and I really want to win this year because they are matching the fundraising money which could do so much for my charity.

I had to get Conrad on my team.

I finally got out of bed, not bothering to change out of my oversized shirt and shorts and raced downstairs. I made it to the hallway where I could hear voices from the kitchen, I took a deep breath planning in my head what I wanted to say as I paced backwards and forwards:

'Hey Conrad be my volleyball partner'

No that's too direct

'Me, you, partners?'

That makes no sense

'So I know we had a fallout but...be my volleyball partner?'

I must've looked like an idiot as I thought of multiple ways of approaching him; I really was making this more complicated than it needed to be but hey, that's overthinking for you. I finally went to walk into the kitchen (a rough plan in my head) but then I stopped.

"I want you to ask Belly to be her escort to the deb ball."

Was I hearing right?

"Mom, I can't."

"Why not?"

Nope, I was definitely hearing right.

"Just tell Jeremiah to ask her." He sounded agitated by Annas' request which surprisingly made me glad that he wasn't so eager to do what his mom asked of him.

"Connie, you know how much it'll mean to her if it's you. You're her Prince Charming, and we all know it." I couldn't help the pain that filled my heart, Susannah always spoke about her Conrad with her dear Olivia- so why is Belly now the star?