𝟐𝟗, 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

The door slammed as Jeremiah and I stood hopelessly in the kitchen of the summer house, we looked at one another with a tiresome look. The sun had risen over the house and was glistening effortlessly onto the pool making me long to be in there but there was no time.

"That went well," I scoffed as I went to the cupboard to grab a glass, I wasn't sure how the water would taste because of how long it had been sitting there all year but it was still worth a shot.

"You know, he keeps saying he's going to figure things out," Jere sighed as he stood over the counter, "He hasn't figured out shit," I almost smirked at his choice of language but it didn't feel appropriate so I held back.

"He's trying," I half-heartedly smiled.

"You always stick up for him, even if he has treated you like shit Liv," His words didn't seem angry but yet almost disappointed and full of sympathy.

I didn't know what to say, did I always stick up for Conrad? And if I did was I utterly oblivious to my actions? Maybe Jeremiah was right, but it didn't matter now because me and Conrad aren't together, let alone friends.

"Can-can you talk some sense into him?" He questioned making me question his previous statement.

"But I thought I always stuck up for him," I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay even if that is true, you're the only one he will truly listen to," I looked at the curly-haired boy with uncertainty, "And right now we need everyone on the same page Liv." He gave me a pleading look as I weighed out my options.

"My dress came today Connie," I beamed as I hopped on the counter, my legs dangling over the edge, "Have you got your tux yet?" I questioned as he whipped his head around.

"Uh- yeah, yeah it's at the dry cleaner," He swallowed the lump in his throat as he choked on his words.

Conrad had invited me to his first-year college prom which was very exciting, although I would be missing my college prom I knew it would be worth it to go with Conrad to his. My dress was beautiful and I couldn't wait for him to see it, everything was going to be perfect; I finally had my date to prom and Connie would be able to introduce me to all his friends.

"Hey, Connie." My mom walked through the kitchen with a bright smile on her face at the sight of Conrad.

"Hey, Emily"

"Liv, you might study better in an actual chair." My mom tutted me as she rummaged through the cupboards.

"No, I-I think better from up here." I tilted my head making her roll her eyes as I giggled.