The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 10

Day of the change

Charlotte woke in Aro's very large bed, stretching like a contented cat. The Volturi master was lying beside her, just watching her. This was the day he had been waiting for. His mate would finally be joined with him, an immortal forever by his side. "Good morning, bella. Did you sleep well?" He leaned over her, giving her a passionate kiss. "Tonight you will be mia vita, as I promised you. But for now, I am your slave. Tell me what you wish to do." He wanted her to be happy, and was determined the day would be what she wanted.

Charlotte unentwined herself from Aro's arms, smiling down at him once she rose off the bed. "I had no idea you would still be here and at this hour."

"I did go to the library while you slept, to choose a few books for tonight. Since I will be staying with you until the change is complete, I thought to read while I watch over you."

Charlotte gave Aro a nervous smile. "How long does the transformation take?"

"It depends on the individual. It may take a couple of days upwards to a week. Fear not, my heart. I will stay by your side the entire time. But for now..." He rose from the bed and gathered Charlotte in his arms. "Get ready, cara. I'm taking you for that drive you wanted, and later, brunch." He watched her walk to the bathroom, her scent lingering behind. As the time grew nearer his desire to taste her grew as well. He had to be careful not to take too much, but a small sip would do no harm. The tip of his tongue brushed against the inside of his teeth. As Charlotte had said earlier about their life together, tonight would be a bit of heaven for the jaded Volturi master. It had been too long since he'd had any need of his heart.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Charlotte was in heaven herself. She was going out with Aro, and for awhile, she'd pretend they were a normal couple in love. She was clad in a sundress, wondering if she'd be allowed to keep these clothes that had been given to her earlier in her stay. Putting on her sunglasses after braiding her hair, she found Aro waiting for her at his door, arm extended.

"Ready?" he asked, the pleasure written in his expression.

She took his arm with a hand and walked beside him as they headed for the back door of the compound. The silver Bentley had been brought around from the garage, and was sitting at the gate, waiting. Charlotte thought the car very elegant, so like Aro. "It's gorgeous!" she exclaimed. He opened the door for her, then climbed in the other side. It was pure luxury, any extras offered having been added to the vehicle. She wished it had front bench seating so she could sit next to Aro, but was still excited for the time outside.

Taking off through the back gate, Aro drove the car into town, wearing sunglasses as Caius had. Once out of town, he told Charlotte of a place he wanted to take her. "The view is magnifico, one I hope you will enjoy as much as I do, when I take the time to enjoy it."

Charlotte began to think about Aro, Marcus and Caius. Sitting in one or the other of the throne rooms seemed to be a routine they had fallen into, one Charlotte had no interest in. Of course, some things had to be done there, since it was the center of governing, like Congress meeting at the Capitol building.

Marcus was a man with a broken heart. Caius was a man with a broken soul. Charlotte loved them both, and hoped to interest them all in life again, such was her nature. She smiled as she wondered who would influence whom more. She over them, or they over her. At best, all would learn new things from each other. Charlotte wanted a relationship based on equality. Were her New World ideals just wishful thinking for those whose lives were so rooted in the past.

"You are enjoying the ride, cara?" Aro asked, perhaps not as reckless as Caius had been.

Charlotte lay her hand on his thigh, tempted to tease her mate-to-be, but another accident was not something she wanted to experience. She made do with giving him a wink.