The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 33

Demetri looked from Marcus to Charlotte and back. "I am so sorry, Master Marcus. I did not mean to interrupt."

Marcus sat up against the headboard of the bed, the sheet falling to expose his bare chest. He didn't appear to care, but Charlotte had to suppress her laugh, seeing how self-conscious Demetri was.

The fact was, Demetri had never seen a master in such a state of deshabille. They were usually so formal in front of the Guard. And he noticed the smell of sex that hung heavily in the air. What had Charlie done now? "I've been sent by Master Aro to find you both," he admitted.

"We assumed as much, Demetri. Please, sit. We need to talk." She leaned back against Marcus, her eyes never leaving her friend's. "Have you told Aro you found us?"

"Not yet, Charlie...Charlotte...Lady Charlotte." He felt uncomfortable and looked away from the pair.

"It's still Charlie, my dear friend. Marcus, I think we'd better dress. Demetri is feeling ill at ease. Demetri, go to the outer room and wait for us. We'll be there in a few minutes."

The tracker took the opportunity to flash to the ante room. He sat on the sofa to wait. After a few minutes, he went over to the window and looked down at the street below, watching humanity go about its daily business. What was he going to do? Demetri didn't want to report finding Charlotte to Master Aro, and it seemed she and Master Marcus had formed a relationship that appeared to be more than the close friendship they had already. Were they in love with one another? Part of him understood why she was angry at Master Aro, but enough to betray or even break their mating bond?

The Guard were split and in turmoil, not sure to whom they should be loyal, and now Demetri found himself forced to do something he didn't want to do.

In the bedroom, Charlotte looked up and caressed Marcus' face. They kissed before leaving the bed, Marcus affectionately patting Charlotte's bare butt before heading for the bathroom.

She laughed, feeling safe and sated. Although she felt bad for Demetri being stuck between orders from Aro and his friendship with her, she had to make sure he would not contact Aro. She quickly dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a light purple sweater, then went into the bathroom. Standing behind Marcus while he washed up, she slid her hands up his chest, resting her head against his back.

His hand grabbed one of hers, kissing the palm. Then he slipped the hairbrush into her hand. "Do you think the tracker will listen to us?"

"I'm confident enough in our friendship to believe he will. Hurry, please. We have much to discuss." Stepping to Marcus' side, she ran the hairbrush through her thick silken locks. "What do we tell Demetri, if anything?"

"Let's find out what's going on back home first, love," Marcus replied.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Back in Volterra, Aro waited on his throne for any word from Demetri. Caius was not present, preferring to find enjoyment with his mate Athenodora in her chambers. Aro didn't care. He would rather Caius stay away than sit next to him, giving him filthy stares all day.

Aro thought about Charlotte, the woman who was supposed to be his mate for all eternity, the woman who swore she would love him always. Didyme's death had nothing to do with her. She wasn't even around at the time. Yet he could understand her anger being directed at him for Marcus' sake. If Demetri found her, what could Aro say to solicit her forgiveness? Would she even return to Volterra to give him a chance to make amends?

Then there was Carlisle. His old friend didn't want to speak with him. He would have to remedy that as soon as possible as well.

Not wanting to return to his empty chambers again, Aro stayed alone in the smaller throne room. A few books lay on the table, but even though he had picked one up, he didn't even bother to open it and instead, threw it across the room. It hit the wall, the binding breaking apart. The fact it was rare and very expensive didn't faze Aro in the least.