The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 35

Charlotte could not believe the turn of events in her life. Over a year ago, she had been a mere human who had traveled to Italy for a vacation. Then she had a near fatal car accident where her death was prevented by the actions of a man who turned out to be a vampire. He took her to his home in Volterra where she was forced to stay, later finding out she was actually residing in a den of vampires. She fell in love with one of the leaders and was happy, until it was revealed that he had committed a heinous crime against his sister and then brother-in-law. Since there was no statute of limitations for crimes committed by vampires, her mate was punished and sent away from Volterra. She was now with another of the leaders of the Volturi, the man who had saved her life, and she was happy with him, yet still not sure if her love for her mate was fully extinguished. Charlotte felt if she had to ask herself that question, she might still be in love with Aro.

Marcus found Charlotte standing at the window of their chambers, looking down at the garden below. If she looked past the garden wall, she would see the city square, filling with humans either heading for their jobs or taking in the sites as tourists. He placed his hands on her shoulders while he stood behind her. He nuzzled her left ear, smiling when she reached up to cover one of his hands. "How are you feeling, Charlotte?"

"I feel wonderful now." She turned around and placed her own hands on his shoulders, leaning in and kissing him. She felt at peace, the quiet of the castle contributing to that. There was no manic Aro around driving everyone crazy. She briefly remembered the times he drove her crazy, then he would do something considerate of her, and she would feel herself loving him all the more.

Marcus lifted his hand to brush a strand of hair away from her face. He felt fortunate to have found her. Charlotte had become a dear friend, one who gave him joy just by her being in his presence. Now she was more. She was his lover, but would she ever agree to let Aro go and consent to be his mate. Marcus had not asked her yet, because he feared she would either decline his offer or feel compelled to accept out of obligation. He loved her, and he only wanted her at his side if she could love him whole heartedly.

Charlotte examined Marcus, looking dapper in a black suit, his hair pulled back into a ponytail. "You are gorgeous today, my heart." She wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing close to him.

"Do you want to go for a drive? Perhaps walk to the town square? There are no trials for at least the next three days. We could spend some time outside the city. Whatever you wish is my command." Marcus gazed into Charlotte's crimson eyes. He cupped her cheek, rubbing his thumb over her lips. He then kissed her again, her lips firm against his until she parted them. He took that as permission to explore her mouth with his tongue. He felt her move her body into his, her arms tightening around him.

Charlotte inhaled Marcus' scent when she buried her face in his neck, her hands winding within his long brown hair. His kisses were setting her body on fire, desire forcing her to want to muss up his attractive attire. "If we bed together now, can you make yourself look gorgeous again so we can go out after?"

Marcus laughed low, his eyes locked with Charlotte's. "I think we can both manage that, but will we want to leave the bed if..."

He never got the chance to finish his sentence, when Charlotte pulled his head down to meet her lips with his. Her tongue invaded his mouth while her hands unbuttoned his jacket, sliding it off his shoulders. She tossed it onto the chair in the corner. She pulled back, and started unbuttoning his black shirt, also tossing that onto the chair. She kissed down the length of his bare chest before ordering him, "Your turn."

Marcus smiled down at Charlotte, his hands moving to her shirt, unbuttoning it. He opened the sides, exposing her breasts. He cupped them, his hands massaging the nipples into hardness. Marcus growled, his need becoming apparent, but he saw the same desire in Charlotte's dark eyes. The shirt slipped off Charlotte's body and fell atop the other shed clothing.