The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 29

Still holding onto her ice cold hand, Colonel Sutton led his guest to the chair on the opposite side of his desk. He then took his own seat, smiling at the beautiful woman. Sulpicia sat too straight as vampires typically did. It made Colonel Sutton want to say 'At ease', but he didn't, knowing she wouldn't get the joke. He was told this was part of their natural behavior. He had learned much about vampires from the Lady Sulpicia, creatures he had previously never believed in. They were not what he expected, but his sponsor promised many rewards if he had agreed to join her, not the least being immortality. How she had found him was still in question, but she had followed through on all her promises so far.

Sutton had been an officer in the Army of the United States for nearly 25 years. He had been drummed out of the service after it was found he had taken his rank and power a little too seriously. After spending a few years as a foreign mercenary, Sutton gathered with him the best men he could find. Former rank and file soldiers, officers, mercenaries, and foreign agents who swore allegiance to no country. They had sworn allegiance to him.

As explained by her, Sulpicia had been mate to the leader of the Volturi, but she had been banished for her insolence by an intolerant husband. How any man could toss away such a resplendent, cultured and powerful woman was beyond his understanding.

Sutton had never married because no woman ever met his demanding expectations. Those high expectations also pertained to his men. He would accept only the best, and so far, they had proven themselves worthy, not only to serve under him in his own personal army, but to eventually be changed into an army of vampires by the lady herself. His army, already stronger than any authorized military organization, would become stronger still. Their goal was to destroy the Volturi, then take control of both the vampire community and all mankind. Immortality would be offered to the worthy humans who agreed to work with them, while the rest remained human as slaves. It was a lofty goal, but one obtainable by the dedicated men under Sutton.

Sutton found himself enthralled of the female vampire. That alone convinced him to form a partnership with her. She had offered him the choice to be changed into a vampire.

What Sulpicia had not mentioned yet, was her possible offer to make him her new mate. For now, she wanted to see Aro, before any final decisions were made. "Have you completed my required tasks?"

"Yes, Lady, six covens have been destroyed. And we have the vampire you wanted us to capture," Sutton replied, proud of his men for their accomplishments.

"Where is he?" she asked in a low tone.

Affronted by her lack of gratitude, Sutton replied, "He's in confinement. The weapon you loaned us is making sure he's quite disabled."

"I want to see him," she demanded.

Colonel Sutton recognized her mood. In the time he'd known this vampire, he learned when she wanted something, she wanted it now. "Of course, Lady Sulpicia. I'll escort you to his cell myself. We have to take the elevator down to the more secure floors." He stood from his chair and opened the office door, letting the female vampire exit first. He followed, shutting the door behind him.

Taking an elevator down three floors, Colonel Sutton led the female vampire to a door guarded by four men armed with the new arc weapon. One unlocked the door and let Sulpicia enter alone. Sutton knew the standard door lock would not contain a vampire, but the arc weapons would take care of the Volturi if he attempted to escape. That is IF he managed to first take out the vampire who had been guarding him.

Sulpicia had lent Sutton one of her subordinates with the extraordinary powers to incapacitate anyone by blocking their senses. She remembered the guard Alec who had similar powers. Aro had considered Alec to be one of his most powerful guards, and now Sulpicia had one of her own gifted vampires which she had let Colonel Sutton borrow while he was eliminating the six random covens.