The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 37

Charlotte went in search of Felix and Demetri, wanting to get in some training time. It had been so long since she had concentrated on her physical skills, and she hated getting rusty. Plus, she felt like she needed to burn off some excess nervous energy. The past few months were hard enough, but the change in her status and partnership made things even more difficult.

When she ran into Aro while at the Cullen's home, she had wanted to push him away out of loyalty to Marcus. But she found herself unable to ignore the bond they had developed over time. Being with Aro felt so natural, she needed to give no explanation regarding her love for him. When he had kissed her the very first time, she didn't even feel surprised, it felt that natural. Not to say her love for Marcus was diminished in any way. It was...different. Aro was passion, desire, and a strong undeniable connection. It had always felt that way when she was with him, even when she was a mere human. Marcus gave her a more safe and comfortable feeling. He could make her toes curl in bed too, but it was still not the same feeling Aro gave her. Marcus was comfort, security and companionability. Damn, she thought, why can't this be simpler.

She also had to force herself to realize, when she was with Marcus, she was actually cheating on Aro. Until the day she dissolved their bond and let him go, every moment with Marcus made her an unfaithful mate. Aro hadn't mentioned that, and it seemed to Charlotte, if they ever did get back together, he would forgive her with no recriminations. And she had to admit to herself, she was ready to stop being angry at Aro. It was up to Marcus to forgive him for his murder of Didyme. That was not up to her. She gave an unnecessary sigh and went in search of the two guards who were her closet friends.

On entering the training room, she spied the pair fighting one another and laughing if one goofed up a move. Charlotte smiled and waved, walking up to them during a break in the fighting. "So, Demetri, have you succeeded in toppling this big tree yet?"

He laughed, replying, "It's difficult when the tree refuses to fall."

As Charlotte closed the gap between them, Demetri looked at Felix, waggling his brows. Both snickered, placing their hands over their mouths.

"What's the joke, guys?" Charlotte asked, noticing the smiles.

"Charlie, to be honest, you smell of Master Aro. When did you see him?" Felix inquired innocently enough.

Demetri spoke up, putting two and two together. "Was Master Aro at the Cullen's house? Did you two...?"

If she could have blushed, her face would have been bright pink. "Aro is staying with them for the time being. If it's any of your business, we met while I was there. And not accidently, I suspect. " She moved away, starting to pace the wood floor.

"You think they planned the meeting, don't you. Carlisle and Esme. It seemed to have worked," Demetri smiled and winked at his friend.

Charlotte's good humour vanished. "Hey, you two, this is hard enough for me. Please don't tease me about it."

Felix flashed to her side, Demetri close behind him, saying, "Charlie, we're sorry. We didn't realize. You know we're here for you anytime you need us."

Felix nodded, but his curiosity made him ask her, "Did you tell Master Marcus?" There was little privacy in the castle, what with the vampires' superior hearing. Often, it was up to them to rein in that hearing so there could be privacy when needed. Some of the rooms in the older part of the castle had built in soundproofing due to the heavy stone walls. It was still easy for everyone to know everyone else's business, as if the castle were a small town.

Charlotte smiled, conscious that her friends were only showing their support. "What a couple of old biddy gossips you are! Yes, I told Marcus, and will you two shut up please? I feel wretched enough as it is." Oh god, she thought, he knew. Marcus must have known when she hugged him that she had recently been with Aro. How insensitive of her not to think about that. But she hid nothing, having told Marcus what had happened, although he didn't want to hear the details.