The Blood inside you is the Blood inside me Part 19

"Yes, my dear, you asked it of me. A hand across the water, so to speak," Aro said. "Out of curiosity, I will agree to this meeting. You've met with the Cullens in person, and Alice trusted us enough to accept your invitation to come to Volterra, so can I do any less?"

"I'm very happy to hear that, Aro. The Cullens are an important coven in their own right." She saw her mate give her a look, his eyes narrowed. Charlotte held up a finger. "Don't do that, Aro. You know it's true. Stop trying to frighten me into submission."

"I still frighten you, il mio cuore?" He pulled Charlotte back, her head lying in his lap, his arms slipping around her while he kissed her lips, until he saw her reach for him. "You will submit in any case." He pulled down on the strap of the nightgown that already left nothing to the imagination, his mouth taking in her full breast, laving the taut nipple with his tongue. "Cara," he whispered, his free hand moving to her feminine juncture. Nimble fingers slipped into her heated core, massaging, and thrusting into her until she was squirming. "Sei mio e solo mio."

Charlotte's cries of pleasure were stifled by Aro's mouth, her legs spreading to give him greater access. One hand grabbed at the bed cover, the other tangled itself in his dark hair, tugging hard.

When Aro felt her inner muscles pulsating around his fingers, he released her mouth. The sounds she made enveloped him like warm air, his name on her lips giving him utter satisfaction. Withdrawing his fingers from her as her climax calmed, Aro licked the wetness from them, savoring the taste of his mate that was second only to the taste of the blood he needed to survive.

Charlotte curled up on the bed, her head lying on Aro's thigh. She had released his hair, letting her fingers glide down his cheek and over his lips. "Il mio talentuoso amante. The quickies are so satisfying," Charlotte whispered, smiling. After a few minutes, she stretched and sat up, and giving Aro one more kiss, left the bed. She found her brush and began to smooth out her tousled hair. "I'll take care of the time, Aro, if that's alright with you."

"Of course, my dear," he replied agreeably. Let his thoughts be about his discussion with Carlisle. The details he would leave up to Charlotte and Alice.

Happy that Aro had so readily agreed to speak with Carlisle, Charlotte later sent an email to Alice that had her Skype ID, with the time, both deciding the sooner, the better. Since neither slept, time was of no concern. Only the difference between Leavenworth, Washington and Volterra, Italy had to be taken into account.

"Charlotte, once the time has been set, would you mind leaving me alone for the duration of our meeting? I don't mean to keep anything from you, but..."

"I understand completely, Aro. Of course I will leave you to your privacy. I'll ask Caius to take me into the village. He had said he would, and that will be as good a time as any." She dressed in black jeans and a pink sweater. "I'll ask him soon, so that he'll be ready when it's time."

"I have not spoken to Carlisle for ten years." He held out his hand to her, waiting until she placed hers in his, then he kissed the top. "You seem to know what is best, my dear, and perhaps one day, we will know why. I appreciate your trust in me."

Sitting beside Aro, Charlotte said, "Thank you, love. I appreciate yours as well. I feel the need for the two covens to come together has never been greater." She praised her mate for doing what she knew to be right for the Volturi. How she knew it was right still eluded her, causing Charlotte much frustration.

"The world is changing, and humans are becoming more of a threat to us every day. It's time for this," Aro admitted. He had said the same thing a decade ago when the two covens and their allies had met on the snowy field in America. But there were no concessions made that day except to let the Cullens go home unpunished.