Volume 1.4: Touch it.

Let's put it this way, I tried to manipulate Ayanokōji and he just spun the board.

How the tables have turned.

How do I escape this situation now? Ayanokōji seems to be a mystery to me, no one knows who he is, where he comes from and how strong and smart he actually is.

Trying to manipulate him is like trying to use karate against a karate master.

I don't understand it though, how is one able to foresee situations so far in advance. Did he do this to gain control over me?

And why did Hirata want Ayanokōji to teach the others? Also questionable is that Chabashira-sensei said that she overestimated him.

But...how do we know what he is capable of? There is little to no way to gain control over him.

No matter how much he trusts you, he always knows exactly when to intervene.

The last two weeks, it's seemed to me that he's capable of a lot more than he's letting on.

The school makes it even more complicated. Teachers and any other students are actually not allowed to talk about their past without permission from the other student.

This school gives me a headache. There is a system behind it, no matter what I have to do, I have to find out what it is all about.

Last week was the first short test. But it won't be reflected in our grades.

Tomorrow is the first day of May. Will the school system finally reveal itself?

Ayanokouji POV:

I woke up and got ready for the day. On the first of May, perhaps the most important day of my high school life will come to pass.

Will my theory be proven right? Will Horikita finally stop following me and trying to influence me?

Even though I've told her to keep a certain distance, it won't be possible for me to have a quiet school life after today's lessons. I've been given zero points for this month. I've predicted it.How should I deal with this?

I left my room and made my way to school, to my surprise, Horikita was already ambushing me."Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun, is it possible that you didn't get any points either?"

"Yes, I have received the points for this month. Didn't you?"

"What, how is that possible? I received 0 points."

"Just like me. It's not a mistake from the school. The teacher will explain it."

Well Horikita? How the tables have turned. Now there is no so-called difference between you and how you said it before: Defects.

"What? I can't keep up with your train of thought. It would be nice if you enlighten me regarding that, Ayanokouji-kun."

She came closer to me, a manipulative trick: she wants to make her presence known and put me in a difficult position.

Let's play along a bit.

"H-horikita, you are way too close..."

"Don't you like my presence?"

Came to her mind pretty early.

"Not because of that... Let's put it this way, I think the school assigns us points according to our performance. Our class doesn't seem to have done very well."

"Well, we'll see. Even if it kills me, I will lead this class on my own shoulders to a good score."

Good luck. You can do that with the rest of the class, but it seems to be failing with me already. It was a stupid decision to try to manipulate and blackmail me with a food trap. This manipulation attempt will not go unpunished either.