Volume 3.3: Last Call

[Upvote pls to give me some motivation lmao]

It is quite pleasant, it is about 5 o'clock in the morning, I am the first one awake, which was to be expected.

I went to the river to do a little daily routine I have. Since I'm alone and completely bored, I took a fishing rod and decided to just fish and do calculations on the side.

In the meantime, can we talk about how bad this world is? I have a girlfriend, and a small circle of friends, if you can even call them friends.

If you want to be successful, you MUST be ruthless. The world is not a fair place and it does not hand out rewards for just being good. Being ruthless and willing do to whatever it takes to get what you want is essential if you want to succeed and stand on top of others.

"Good morning,Ayanokōji-kun, you seem to be an early riser."

"Good morning Hirata, the class seems to be doing relatively well so far, there have been small arguments but it hasn't been that bad. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course Ayanokōji. What is your question?"

"Do you trust Horikita's decisions? She is our class leader, after all?"

"Trust in her decisions? It's really hard to define it, but I'd say 50/50. Most of them are very good but some are also very much against a comfortable life." He's really thinking. He is also right, a comfortable life is important at such a school. That's the goal; to live rich and comfortable here. Everyone starts the same, and everyone does everything for themselves; the success and humiliation is a result of their own decisions.

"Do you think the goal is realistic? I mean, the rise to class A, you are also part of the leaders of this class, I think you should know best."

"Realism, it's a very complicated issue, but it's definitely doable, I just wonder who's got a hand in it all the time. Somehow it seems to me that she is being controlled, like a robot and the programmer is controlling her."

"Interesting comment, Hirata."

"But it doesn't matter, as long as it continues to bring us success, it's completely irrelevant."

Irrelevant is completely wrong, as soon as this mastermind stops, the winning streak will be over. Then the crash of this class starts again.

"Hirata, can I ask you something? You don't have to answer, but I would like to know; why were you placed in Class-D? Did something happen in your past?"

"Why I was placed here is unknown to me. But I could tell you some parts of my past. I was born into a normal family, I have a younger sister and an elder brother. I went to primary school like everyone else and to secondary school afterwards. My grades weren't excellent, but still quite above average, well I wasn't in school for two months at one point, which also made my grades much worse in the year before last. And now I'm here..."

"Two months is quite a long time, may I ask why?"

I noticed the change in his features. His smile also deepened a little and his body trembled a little.

"I wasn't doing very well then. A friend of mine died when I was at school, which shook me very badly."

"Of illness? Sorry if I'm being too pushy as it's a sensitive subject."

"Suicide is more like it. After years of academic failure and then dismissal from his football club, he threw himself out of a window. It could have been prevented..."

"Do you think you're to blame for that?"

"Quite. I can never forgive myself for not helping him that day, even though I had the time..."