Volume 1.7: Am I pespiring?

Horikita left the room and I got out of my hiding spot.

It indeed scared me.

If she had caught me hiding here, I would have had a little problem.

Not only a small one, but quite a bigger one, because the words she said should not actually reach me.

"Close. Mrs. Chabashira-sensei. May we talk about something else for a moment before we get to the actual topic?"

"Go ahead. I'm sorry Horikita had to interrupt our conversation. I apologize."

"You said something about me to her. That doesn't sit well with me one bit."

"Isn't it nice when your teacher takes you in great tones and high regards? Isn't that every student's dream?"

Since I hardly know anything about society, I can't answer the question accurately. That's why I have my 'Who Knows? card that I could play in such situations. But now something else would be more appropriate.

"No, it's not really nice if Horikita is out to kick me out of school now, is it? You've blocked a few paths to Class-A for me and I'm going to make you pay for it. I didn't want to go the brutal route, but you're literally forcing me to."

What I might mean by brutal way, she couldn't imagine. Just what brutal means to me could be a crime against humanity.

She would imagine that I will not use violence but will enter the class competition much more aggressively.

"Huh? You really think she's capable of kicking you out of school?"

"Yes."

She's better than me at almost everything, and she could use that as an advantage. While we are the closest in terms of socialcapabilities, we are still way too far away from each other. She knows how to deal with people in sticky situations. I don't.

In terms of manipulation she could surpass me without any problems. But there is a small sticking point between the two of us, our approaches.

She certainly doesn't know what I'm doing in the background, but it's already become clear to me what she wants to do.

"Ayanokōji, I want you to participate in the class competitions. If not then I don't want to dismiss you from this school since then there would be no reason to keep you here. Your grades, your sports grades and in almost everything you are the worst in the class. Your potential has clearly been wasted. I will have to contact your parents about your upcoming expulsion."

I lost control over my actions and grabbed her by the collar.

"No you won't. I will not participate in such class games. I'm not up for that."

"Now I have another reason to kick you out of school. Violence against teachers. I'll give you two options, you participate or you get kicked out of school."

My veins are burning like I'm in withdrawal.

"Alright. You asked for it. But, are you sure I'm really going to participate and not let the whole class fall into ruin?"

"I'm dead sure Ayanokōji. Otherwise, it's not just the class that will have such a fate, but you as well."

I let go of her and sat down right across from her. Though you can't see my anger, my veins are about to burst with any aggression.

"I want you to stay out of it completely from now on. If not, I will publish the recording between your and Horikita's conversation. This could completely divide the class in terms of opinion, it would also lose me and Horikita."