Dragon Ball Super: Exodus (Draft Chapter 7)

CHAPTER 7: ROCK OUT, BARDOCK OUT

One week has passed after the events of the Saiyan Pyramid & things have changed. We see the asteroid still overlooking towering over the environment, like a massive natural obelisk. People have flocked to the asteroid in a craze to check out the object, taking pictures, videos, documenting, & even preventing others as police & officials intervene to stop the hysteria. Suddenly, everything goes dark as Bardock is holding a remote control & turns the TV off.

He walks into the bathroom, shirtless, covered in scars. He doesn't even try to think about the times on the asteroid, nor the times of war & mercenary work he had done for Frieza & King Cold. He needn't be reminded of the horrors & isolation he had seen. He turns on a sink as he soaks his long, scraggly beard as he prepares to shave it off. He looks in the mirror to double check his decision.

"No." he mutters to himself.

Instead, Bardock powers a ki ball in his hand & begins to burn his hair in a precise fashion. His scraggly beard turns into a fine trim as it becomes cleaner, closer to his face but keeping the familiar feeling of facial hair. Bardock then brisks toward his room as he walks through the empty corridors of his son's home. He looks at 2 sets of clothing: one being his old armor & robes; now washed & completely clean while the other being a long sleeve sweater & some jeans. Casual human clothing, an alien concept to Bardock.

He infers that his son's wife wants him to adjust to human culture by leaving those wares. He ultimately rejects them & places his robes & armor back on. Bardock shrugs as he walks out & flies into the air, whisking along with the breeze as he checks his surroundings.

He hovers overhead as he cruises through the air, mountains below, forests, jungles, rivers, & more. He finally feels at peace, after experiencing the same sights. Stone, Cold, the crawling of bugs, & the lights of far away stars being the only natural illumination for years.

Bardock was comfortable yet he felt ominous, like his own newfound freedom felt too good to be true. He pondered this as he made his way to the canyons, seeing a farm into the distance. Do good times really last?

He flies & lands to find Goku gathering a massive amount of crops; mostly carrots & radishes into a shipping container. He shuts the door as it cranks while brushing off the dust & debris collected on his forehead.

"So when you're not out fighting, you're just out here farming & stockpiling food. Is that right?", asks Bardock.

"Basically." replied Goku, "I take extra & send it to the market. That way we get some money & all for the house & stuff."

"Shouldn't be that way. You're the strongest being on this planet. You should be honored.", said Bardock.

"I can't have people worship me, Dad. Gohan & Vegeta's family already get mobbed. Besides, I thought you liked a little peace.", replied Goku.

"I love my peace & quiet. But I also value convenience &  some recognition." replied Bardock.

"I guess you just can't have it all, Dad." said Goku.

"I guess so.", said Bardock, "Speaking of Vegeta, has that lad cooled down since our last encounter?"

"Eh. He's still grumpy. I wouldn't cross him unless you want to train with him or something." answered Goku.

"Maybe. I'd rather wait for him to get used to another Saiyan from the Old World." said Bardock, "What will you be doing after all this?"

"Now that I mention training, I'll probably spar with Goten for a bit after his schooling." said Goku.