Dragon Ball Super: Exodus (Draft Chapters 16-19)

CHAPTER 16: THAT'S ELDRITCH COMING FROM YOU

Goten zipped across the skyline, heading directly for the pyramid entrance in a hurry. He had to warn his Dad & the others of what had just transpired in the depths of the pyramid. He flew into the temple & echoes into the structure.

"Dad! Grandpa! Mr. Vegeta!" yelled Goten.

As the yells echoed throughout, the Saiyan trio with Goku looking around, Bardock leaning against a wall & Vegeta tapping his foot. They hear Goten's yell as they all light up.

"WE'RE HERE GOTEN!" Goku yelled back.

"It sounds like he's coming from the top!" Bardock exclaimed.

"Wow. 15 seconds to spare." remarked Vegeta.

"COME TO THE RITUAL ROOM! WE'LL BE THERE!" Goku yelled.

Minutes go by & Goten this time, safely navigates himself to the ritual room, reuniting with the older folk. Goku & Bardock place their hands on Goten's shoulder wishing him well.

"Glad you're alright buddy." said Goku

"Same. I thought you'd be stuck down there forever boy. Well, Vegeta did." said Bardock.

Vegeta scoffs in the background.

"Thanks guys. But listen... me & Trunks... we found Gamma." said Goten.

"Hedo did say he was tunneling for awhile. Why isn't he here?" asked Vegeta.

"Well..." Goten said while pondering.

"Well? Did he ditch us?" asked Goku.

Goten kept thinking as he then looked his dad, then Vegeta, then to Bardock. As he sweated at finding an answer, he accidentally drops his bag & out plops out a scouter; Bardock's scouter. And it was now infront of Bardock himself as he looked down to stare at it.

"Oh shit... Surprise!" said Goten.

"It's my scouter!?", asked Bardock.

"I meant to keep it a secret. It's how I heard your voice, how we heard your voice. Goten's the one who cleaned it up once we got back from Cereal." said Goku.

"It's almost mint condition. Thank you, Goten." stated Bardock.

Bardock hugged Goten as he went to try it on.

"Great. We get to hear Gas & lectures about Saiyan pride again." Vegeta snarked.

Goku chuckled as Bardock placed the scouter on his head while Goten sighed. Bardock pressed the scouter expecting to turn it on, perhaps hear his own recording but instead out loud, a different voice begins to narrate.

"10 kilometers into this asteroid & I'm wishing dad sent me to do hero work." said Gamma 1's recording.

"What the hell is this?" said Bardock.

"I've already detected several subterranean layers of tunneling from the asteroid & into the Earth itself. It could be meteorites that buried into the surface but everything points to it being less random than whatever this is." said Gamma 1.

Bardock takes the scouter from his head but Vegeta opens his palm, flashing his ki.

"Keep the tape rolling, Bardock." said Vegeta.

Bardock looked uneasy as he looked at Goten's disappointed face while Gamma's voice continued on.

"Earthquake again. I've noticed that their epicenters are ever changing, just by sensing vibrations which is extremely odd." explained Gamma, "Anyways, I've reached a part of the pyramid in this asteroid, miles below the room where Bardock was freed from his guardian restraints. The glyphs are present & leading me to another room." explained Gamma, "The glyphs call it the 'Sealing Chamber', so I wonder what could possibly be sealed up in here. Nothing radioactive but there are traces of an energy signature. Actually several, particularly one from this rail that leads all the way up. Looks to be miles up there. What's intriguing is all this broken stone, they look almost like... tombs..."