Dragon Ball Super: Exodus (Draft Chapters 8-9)

CHAPTER 8: SAIYAN AIN'T SO

A live news bulletin starts playing as a female anchor representing Satan City begins speaking,

"Breaking News from Satan City. Multiple reports across the city & its regions that people are growing alarmingly restless, acquiring relentless appetites, & most importantly, growing tails."

The bulletin starts to be revealed onto multiple TVs with multiple news reports & channels all covering the incident; describing the Saiyan Converts all over. Some saying they have gained superhuman strength, some saying they've become aggressive, some showing people being relaxed. One TV shows a picture of a child Son Goku with the news show being more conspiracy driven as it also shows disease. But the main draw of the TVs is that Satan City is turning into a city of Saiyans.

It's early in the morning in Krillin's household as he's putting on his shirt. Android 18 is watching the news of the same broadcasts that keep playing of the Saiyan Outbreak.

"You're seeing this right?", said 18

"The fact those conspiracy kooks think Goku has something to do with it, yeah. I did.", replied Krillin.

"No. I mean the Saiyans, honey. Humans are turning into them & it's so weird.", said 18.

"I know. Maybe I'm holding back on feeling this. People are freaking out because they don't know what it's like to be like Goku or Vegeta or even Gohan.", said Krillin, "I'm just more surprised that you, Marron, & I aren't like them yet."

"Maybe we're too tough for it." said 18, "You think it has something to do with that asteroid. You know who came from there right?"

"Yes, Goku's father. Kind yet strange for a full blooded Saiyan. I'd love to ask Goku for more info but right now, I have to clock in & deal with this. The Commish is must be going crazy right now. Heck, it might be a full moon tonight.", said Krillin.

"No worries, it was 2 nights ago." said 18

"Good, it's nice not to see thousands of giant apes. Anyways, we're gonna be seeing alot of problems regardless. With super strength & appetites, I guess.", Krillin chuckles.

Krillin puts on his police uniform & helmet.

Krillin then says, "Alright, honey. Make sure Marron is safe we can't risk her when the city is..."

All of a sudden, the house begins to shake. BOOM! Krillin & 18 rush outside & fly up. As the sun rises, they see part of a city block, razing with fire.

"Go to Marron, now! I'll be at work, dealing with this now!", said Krillin.

18 nods as she flies down to run back into her & Krillin's home. Krillin flies directly towards Satan City as his face locks in with determination.

"Alright. Captain Krillin, on the way to save the day.", Krillin mumbled to himself.

Meanwhile at Capsule Corps, Vegeta is walking around & he sees Trunks texting profusely on his phone in the hallway. Vegeta gets red & scoffs at Trunks.

"Hey Trunks? Aren't you supposed to be doing a school project? Your mother didn't pay for you to be a keyboard warrior, at least not on a phone!"

"Dad...", says Trunks

"Dad what? You got a D in Japanese because you slacked off with Goten & Mai!", interrupted Vegeta.

"DAD!", yelled Trunks, "I'm not slacking for that. I think school got cancelled cuz something's going on in Satan City!"

"What the hell?!", asked Vegeta

"Look at this, Dad!", pleaded Trunks

Vegeta looks over Trunks' shoulder as Trunks flips his phone horizontally.