Dragon Ball Super: Exodus (Draft Chapters 44-46)

REST IN PEACE, AKIRA TORIYAMA
APRIL 5TH, 1955 - MARCH 1ST, 2024

CHAPTER 44: DYNASTY SAIYAN WARRIOR

Vegeta angrily looked at Ettucé as the obese Saiyan smirked at him, crossing his arms.

"We do it my way. I know these people better than you do, they're idiots but they're not impossible. If I begin fail, you get the satisfaction of telling me I told you so." said Vegeta.

"Oh, you're willing to sacrifice a little pride?" asked Ettucé.

"A small amount of pride just to get you to shut up." said Vegeta, "Now go, be a an evil slaver or announcer or whatever."

Ettucé scoffed at Vegeta as he bumped shoulders with Bardock.

"Hey Guardian, don't get corrupted too much by our friend the "descendant", eh.", mocked Ettucé.

The large Saiyan laughed loudly as he walked back into the pyramid.

"The hell's his problem?", asked Bardock.

"He's your friend, you tell me.", said Vegeta.

"He's boastful & brash but he's off. He's become a little bit more... independent?" replied Bardock.

"He's questioning you. If the Earth Saiyans are wild, that means you, him, & the rest of the Legion here, are also free of Celere's influence.", said Vegeta.

"I'm loyal to the Empress & I am Guardian of the Saiyans. I wouldn't dare." said Bardock.

"Didn't think so." replied Vegeta, "And I don't think the Empress will appreciate it if you did go solo."

"Yeah..." replied Bardock, "So "King Vegeta", what do you have planned? How do you solve our little problem?"

"Intimidation." answered Vegeta.

"WHAT!?" exclaimed Bardock.

"You heard me. Humans in groups, are either cheerful or fearful. I can't do it but you can, there must be an example. Find the rebel leader & bring him to me." said Vegeta.

"I'm confused. You said you didn't want to be like our Empress." questioned Bardock.

"Did I say torture, kill, or enslave? No. I said intimidate. That is an order, Guardian Bardock.", mocked Vegeta, "Get that boy up here, he'll take your place at guard till you get back."

Bardock nodded as he flew off into the distance. Chife jumped out to greet Vegeta from the Pyramid.

"Interim King Vegeta. How can I help?" asked Chife.

"Boy. You can start by building a statue of me up here, got it?" ordered Vegeta.

While he flew amongst the skies, Bardock saw the smoke of the city begin to recede as the fires stopped. He dropped down to the streets as he walked alomg mixed roads of soot covered concrete & stone; a blend of modernity & ancient architecture, damaged by restlessness. He wandered & saw the Food Bank nearby, he ran over & walked into the office. It was ransacked, damaged, & the teller was shuddering.

"Guardian?... Is that you?" asked the Teller.

"Yes. The fires were nearby, I needed to talk to you. Not about food but if you saw anything, pertaining to the perpetrators." replied Bardock.

"Why do you need to know that?" asked the Teller.

"Because they wouldn't have spared you without wounds & I know there is no food shortage." replied Bardock.

The Teller sighed.

"Ok. You need to find an old friend." explained the Teller, "His name is Kiri. He's lives in the Satan District inside the old Red Pharmaceuticals building. He's reason I'm not dead or why the capsules aren't-"