Dragon Ball Super: Exodus (Draft Chapters 13-15)

CHAPTER 13: PATIENTS, YOUNG ONE

Deep in the facilities built by Taroc, Saiyaman & Krillin are carefully escorting out the patients & victims to Project: Bright Yellow. They keep repeating a simple process: "infiltrate, take out guards, determine if the patient can live, & wheel them out". So far, the hero duo had wheeled out nearly 200 patients as they lie them out all towards the outside of the facility.

They fly back in to rescue another patient silently, this time being 5 guards. The 2 barge in the blink of an eye, breaking their weapons & knocking them all out without a fuss. Saiyaman begins to read the logs for this patient while Krillin scratches his chin.

"Hey. You think we should fly them out or just you?" asked Krillin.

"Why?" replied Saiyaman.

Krillin answers, "Well, only the Corporal & his squad knows I did can do all this and...-"

"Krillin... 99% of this city are hungry monkey men. If they have a problem, I'll get Mr. Satan to tell them it's a trick.", interrupted Saiyaman, "And this guy should be ok. Help me take him outta here."

Gohan & Krillin pick up the hospital bed & IVs as they carefully & swiftly take out the patient. They bring him back to their pile as Saiyaman becomes confused himself.

"All these patients but we haven't found any of the doctors. I'm getting worried here, bud. Something really isn't adding up." Saiyaman commented.

"I'm getting an eery feeling too. Whatever it is, we keep saving people. We can find the doctors or Taroc later." said Krillin.

Saiyaman nods as they continue the process 75 more times. Rushing patients, knocking out guards, all within minutes. With the final room, the dynamic duo infiltrate a final room, busting through a door, ready to strike but something's amiss. They finally encounter a medical assistant, a nurse whom is taking care of a patient.

The man looks to be severely incapacitated & burned; unable to leave without assistance. The Nurse was light-skinned brown, she had a joyful look in her eye as she continued to check off her clipboard list.

Frustrated & looking for answers, Krillin immediately stomps his way towards the doctor as Saiyaman tries to hold him back to no avail. Krillin pulls on the nurse's collar with one had & towards his face.

"What the hell are you doing!? These are PEOPLE!", yelled Krillin.

"DAMNIT KRILLIN STOP!" yelled Saiyaman.

The nurse, still with a medical mask begins to laugh as her eyes dilate with joy.

"I'm happy to do my job!" said the Nurse vibrantly.

Krillin rips off her face mask to reveal a now, creepily smiling doctor.

"Happy to harm them? We know they've been experimented on!? EMOTIONAL THERAPY!? THEY'RE KILLING THEMSELVES!" yelled Krillin.

"KRILLIN, STOP!!", yelled Saiyaman.

"YOU'LL REGRET DOING THA... what." Krillin said in a realizing tone.

He feels water drop onto his hands. He returns with eye contact to the doctor & raises an eyebrow. He stares at her as he watches a tear drop fall from her eye. And then, her shaking while still smiling as tears roll. Krillin loosens his grip & steps back from the female nurse.

"I'm happy to do my job." She replies once again.

"What the hell..." said a shocked Krillin.

She starts to twitch as Krillin's face drops down. Saiyaman crosses his arms & puts his arm on his shoulder.