Part 6

~AMIRAS POV~

It's now a week after that game and schools been okay. It's been pretty normal; only difference is Andela has been driving me to and from school because Luca can't.

It's now 7pm on a Friday and there's a party happening at 8.Andela and zina are going and they wanr me to join them. I would join her but I'm not sure if partying is my thing...

I'm laying in my bed watching a true crime documentary when i hear a knock at my door.

"Come in" I say as the door opens

"I wasn't going to knock but I did anyways" Andela jumps onto my bed and Zina walks in behind her closing the door.

I laugh. "Nice to see you too"

They turn to face me.

Before they say anything I speak first, "are you still going to the party?"

"Obviously and so are you." Zina says this while walking towards my closet.

"But-" I get cut off. "No buts. When was the last time you had fun like this?" Andela says from beside me

She's not wrong, it has been awhile. The last party I've been to was a couple months ago.

"I'm just not sure if I want to go.."

"Amira what's the worst that could happen? You get extremely drunk and I have to drive you home?" She laughs and pulls out a dress from my closet.

"Besides you don't drink that much anyways you'll be fine."

"Okay but I'm not wearing that." I point to the dress she's holding.

I really hope everything turns out fine tonight.

~~~~~~

It's now 8 and I'm just finishing my makeup with Luca stumbles through my door.

"What are you guys doing?" He looks around the room at the mess of my clothes and makeup.

I look from Andela to Zina hoping they'll say something instead of me.

Zina thankfully says something. "We're going to the party.... What are you doing?..."

"Who said you're allowed to go?" Luca walks over to me with his crutches. "You cant go without me there.."

I look up at him confused. What does he mean? I don't need him to babysit me. I'm 17.

"What?" I laugh. "I don't need you to babysit me Luca. I'm old enough to go to a high school party without my big brother watching my every move."

He stares at me for a minute. "I don't want you getting hurt. So many things happen at those parties."

"We won't let anything happen." Andela tries to help but my brother doesn't even spare her a glance.

"Listen to me. I want you to have fun Amira I really do, but there's people you need to be careful of."

I knows he's just looking out for me but I know how to protect myself. "I know Luca." I look him in the eyes. "I will be careful, and I'll call you if anything happens."

He gives me a slow nod and looks at andela and Zina. "Watch out for yourselves and be responsible."

I role my eyes and laugh "okay dad."

The room goes quiet for a second too long before Luca roles his eyes and laughs. Zina and Andela soon chuckle making me feel relieved. I didn't mean to make it awkward it was funny in my head...