Three.

JJ and Kiara let go of eachother straight away, i could barely make out JJ's expressions through the tears quickly forming in my eyes.

"Baby, no. It's, its not what it looks like i-i  promise." JJ spoke with a shaky voice, getting up and engulfing my cheeks with his rough palms.

I think the whole situation had just fully sunk in. I couldn't even think straight. I always knew JJ was going to do something like this again, but with my best friend?

I looked past JJ's eyes and behind him. Kiara stood still looking down at the ground. I knew my rage towards her would settle in soon, but for now all i could feel was the shards of my own crushed heart stabbing into my skin.

I looked back at JJ. "Why JJ? Why?" I said with blurry eyesight. His hands were still on my cheeks rubbing soft circles with his thumbs. Before, this would have felt like the whole world and more to me, but in this moment, his touch  felt like nothing.

"Y-you weren't meant to see this Sofia i promise." Sorry, what? Where you planning on keeping this hidden?!

"What do you mean i wasn't meant to fucking see this? How long has this been going on?" I practically yelled in his face, but my voice still faltering. The anger was starting to take a rise, but there was still so much hurt. "God, what is wrong with you?" I half sobbed. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I began to walk away, ignoring JJ's desperate attempts to grab me. Where i was planning going, i had no clue. I didn't want to go back to this stupid party, i didn't want to talk to anyone, and i most definitely did not want to go home.

I didn't dare too turn back. But no feeling has ever sunk deeper than my sudden realisation that JJ had already given up on trying to get to me. The fact that he wasn't currently running to catch after me. It was humbling to say the least.

Deep down, it felt like the last thing on earth that kept me holding on was now gone.

I sat myself down behind some driftwood on the far end of the beach. I probably looked like a freak, but in this moment i really couldn't give a fuck. I cried and cried until no more tears would fall and sat with my knees to my chest, and my head buried in my arms.

He didn't even try to apologise.

Just said i wasn't meant to see.

Did he ever really love me? Maybe i was just another one of his frequent hookups, except this time there was feelings involved. At least for me...

I couldn't stop my own thoughts from terrorising me.

I attempted too settle into a sudden reality, and thought about what this now would mean for my friendship with John B and Pope. Hopefully nothing drastic will change, i'm assuming they weren't aware either.

I guess it depends on who they side with. Although as usual i'm sure i'll be the second choice. But i guess that's all i've ever been anyway. My dads second choice in his own family, or now his new life of what remains a mystery to me. My moms second choice in her own daughter, or alcohol. And now JJ's second choice in which girl he sleeps with for the night.

"Sofia?" I can't lie i ignored who's ever voice this was. As i said, i wasn't in the mood to talk or even explain the situation. It was now reaching dark and i knew it was bad to say but, all i wanted right now was to be held in the familiar arms of the same boy that just broke my heart.

"Sofia?" The voice said a little more urgently this time. I decided to look up even though i had no intention on actually listening to this person. All i could really focus on hearing was my own thoughts.

Looking up and seeing the one and only Rafe Cameron staring down at me was the last thing i expected to see. Although, what surprised me more wasn't his presence, but his words.

"Why are you crying?" He asked in an annoyed , but slightly concerned tone.

"Go away Rafe, your no help. Dont even act like you are interested." I knew my words were harsh, but it was true. I'm not going to fall into his trap and open up just for him to go and tell the whole of the Kook population in an attempt to embarrass me.

"Always the same with you Pogues." He scoffed shaking his head. I rolled my eyes. What does that even mean?

After a few moments of silence and a few sniffs from me, Rafe spoke again impatiently. "Seriously Sofia, are um-are you okay?"

Oh fuck it. He's just going to keep on asking, so what's the worse that can happen?

"I saw my boyfriend kissing another girl" I spoke. Rafe didn't speak for about 15 seconds and i started to regret my decision in telling him.

God Sofia, always doing the wrong thi-

"Who was your boyfriend?" I looked up at Rafe and took in his question.

"JJ Maybank." Why i was telling i had no clue.

Rafe placed his hands on his hips and looked up with another scoff. "Dirty Pogue."

"Oh yeah thanks that really helps Ra-"

"Who was the girl?" He interrupts.

I stare up at the man before me. His hand rubbed his chin slowly like he was thinking about something. Rafe had matured quite a bit over the years, with his once slick back gelled hair now in messy curtains, and his body now appearing more lean and muscular. I would be lying if i said he wasn't somewhat attractive. But he doesn't need too know that.

"Kiara Carrera" I reply.

"Of course." Rafe whispers with a smug look on his face.

"You know her?" Stupid question Sofia. Everyone knows Kie.

"Uh yeah, she was best friends with Sarah for a while before some shit happened, i don't know what it was, i don't really care either." Rafe said.

I nodded. Okay this is starting to get awkward now...

"Well i would go and get Sarah but her and Topper ran off somewhere, so." He paused for a brief moment before sighing loudly. "Fuck Sofia, i can't just leave you here. Can i take you home?". Is Rafe Cameron seriously offering me a ride home? Is he alright?

I almost considered his offer until i remembered what home was. "It's fine, really. I wanna stay here".

Rafe frowned. "Don't lie."

"What? I'm not." I tried to cover up the shake in my voice. I began to stand from my seat on the sand. "I don't really want to go home anyway." I thought this sentence would come out how i wanted it too: cold and unbothered, but
it unfortunately came out quite the opposite, quiet and weak. Fuck.

Rafe had an obvious confusion in his voice, but thankfully decided to ignore my comment. "I'll drive you to my house then. I've only had like one beer and Sarah would be mad if i didn't. She will want to see you again anyway."

I wanted to refuse his offer. But i couldn't. Also seeing Sarah later may help. Maybe i'll tell her about the situation. Well, unless Rafe doesn't go spilling my business around the whole island anyway.

God. I think i may have actually officially hit rock bottom.

~

Hope you are enjoying the story so far! (i have so many ideas i'm so excited)