Twenty Four.

His figure bursted through the front door. It had been about five minutes since i made the phone call to Rafe. Five minutes, and he was here.

I was still sat on the kitchen floor, tears in my eyes and a slash in my thigh.

The second Rafe caught a glimpse of me he was straight down to my level. His knees perched next to my tense body.

"Fuck." His eyes were wide and held a sense of panic. His hands find my face. "Is it just your thigh? Anywhere else?" He rushed his words out.

"No, no. Just...just my thigh." I coughed slightly.

"This is going to hurt for a second, okay? Just hold on to me." His arms found themselves underneath me as he lifted my body bridal style.

I cried out slightly as a sharp pain broke out in my leg. "I know, it's okay. You're okay." He whispered, attempting to comfort me.

My head rested carelessly on his chest as i mentally tried to calm down my breathing. My body has never felt so cold. I think i was shaking. I wanted to tell him but i could barely form my words.

"C-cold." I muttered, my head thrashing gently against his shoulder.

"You're cold? Yeah? I got you." His heart was beating so fast. "Hey, Sofia look at me. Sofia, please." His hand went to my cheek as he begged.

My eyes found his gaze. His dazed, yet frantic gaze.

"That's it, keep your eyes on me Sof." He carefully placed my body in the passenger seat of his car, making sure he strapped in my seatbelt.

Sof. He's never called me that before.

I smiled through my tears slightly at the thought.

"I'm gonna' get you help, okay? We've got people at home who can sort this out." He spoke as he sped down the roads of the cut. "Keep looking at me. You're going to be fine, okay? I'll make sure of it."

Rafe's words barely made any sense in my erratic state of mind, yet i didn't take my eyes of him. Just like he said.

His hair, his eyes, hands, lips. I analysed him like a textbook. I guess i've never really looked at him such detail. Although there was one thing i knew just by looking at him.

He was quite something.

Something that nobody actually knows.

At least they think they know him.

The real Rafe Cameron.

I felt privileged to have seen the parts of him he tries ever so hard to hide. The caring, playful side of him. I wanted to see more.

There was just something about him.

Maybe the way he is really was just a big act he puts on. Although, i could hardly talk. I'd been doing the same my whole life.

As i laid still in the passenger seat of Rafe Cameron's car, observing him, I came to the conclusion that maybe we weren't all that different.

It was like i saw myself in him...

Like a reflection.

~

roll the mf credits guys

very short chapter sorry! was more of a filler chapter

but buckle up, everything is just getting started (;

going to try and get another chapter out by tonight <3