Twenty Five.

Rafe Cameron's Pov

I couldn't help but stare at her; sat here next to her sleeping body in my bed.

It had been around 24 hours since the accident. 24 hours since she was hurt.

I haven't slept.

I physically couldn't. I wasn't sure why, my head has just been all over the place at the moment.

When i got her to my house, she'd pretty much passed out in my hands from blood loss and overall exhaustion. I'm sure her body was in some state of shock. Her skin was ice cold.

Luckily, my family knew private doctors who could help straight away. I guess that is one benefit of your family being loaded.

Not to brag...

I was shouting for my dad the minute i carried her limp body though the front door of my home. He, of course, ran straight over and rang the doctor. He kept asking questions that i genuinely couldn't answer; i really did not know what happened to Sofia.

Although i had idea.

The doctors did whatever they needed to do, they said she was actually lucky the wound wasn't any higher on her leg. I wasn't sure why, but it definitely relieved something in me.

She would be fine. Well, physically fine. Just needs a good few weeks of rest.

I don't think i was completely fine though. Mentally.

The minute i bursted through that door and saw her, i still can't describe the feeling it gave me. I just wanted to get her out of that house.

I wasn't planning on bombarding her with questions of what happened when she woke up, that wouldn't be fair. But i was certain i'd get to the bottom of this.

So here i am now; sat on the desk chair in my bedroom, waiting for Sofia to wake up from her nap. She'd been awake since the accident, but not awake enough to speak or really comprehend where she really was. She might not even fully remember what happened. That's the thing with trauma, you're brain uses it's best efforts to block it out.

Somewhat luckily, Sarah, Rose and Weezie had been away for the past few nights. On some girly trip or shit like that on the mainland. If i know Sarah, she would've rained hell across this island to find who ever did this to Sofia.

But that wasn't what Sofia needed at the moment. She needed rest, good care, and someone to talk to. I think. I'm not too good at all this stuff. But i'm trying.

My hands interlocked over my head in an attempt to calm my crazed and tired brain. I wasn't going to sleep until i'd spoken to her.

The body laid opposite me suddenly shifted. Arms appeared above her head in a stretch. "Ah." She quickly cursed dropping her arms. She must of pulled at a stitch.

I leaped up. "Hey, hey. Sofia." I spoke quietly. "Hey. It's Rafe." My body stood towered over her.

She frowned slightly. "No shit." She deadpanned with flat lips.

I then also frowned, surprised by her suddenly woken persona. But i brushed it off.

Here is was thinking she'd wake up as delicate as a flower. Then again, that's just Sofia.

"Fuck, what happene-" Her croaked words were cut short as she sat up slowly and caught sight of her own thigh.

She looked taken back for a second, confused? I was desperately trying to read her expression, ready to provide her whatever she needed.

"You're okay. I promise. Just breathe, yeah? Everything can be explained." I sat myself on the edge of the bed next to her, a good distance between us.

"No." Her head shook. "I remember." She blurted with dazed eyes.

Her eye-line shifted from the wall ahead of her, and fell to mine. I could see the dampness building up in her pupils.

"It's okay, uh- come here." I spat out nervously, opening my arms. I then hesitated. "Only if you wan-"

Her head fell straight to my shoulder.

My arms hovered over for a few seconds before resting gently on her back. Her hands clawed weakly at my shirt as she began to sob.

I wasn't sure how Sofia would feel when she woke up. But i don't think i was expecting this. Jesus, i wasn't even expecting her to remember the events that occurred only 24 hours ago.

Not that i had an issue with it at all.

I would sit here with Sofia crying in my arms for hours, until her eyes ran dry and sore.

I just wanted to be there for her...

Just as i wanted someone to be there for me.

~

IM BACK!!!

short one, but there's more coming babies

love you all xxx