Nineteen.

Peeling my dry eyes open, i was greeted immediately with the orange rays of The Outer Banks sun reflecting onto its surroundings.

It took me a good minute or so to adjust. The bright hues now gleaming into my own eyes, disrupting my vision.

I stretched my arms above my head, groaning slightly. Tall, freshly painted ceilings stood ahead of my eyesight. A large, full body length mirror pinned on the wall. Multiple shelves too, scattered with a few picture frames on them.

Wait.

Where the fuck am i?

I sat up abruptly, my head snapping to each corner of the room. It definitely wasn't very familiar.

And then it hit me.

I was in Rafe's bedroom. In his bed.

Shit.

I flopped straight back down into my previous position, basically just accepting my fate. Arms and legs now sprawled out lazily.
I quickly attempted to remind myself of last nights events. I mean, i knew nothing like that,
happened, i would've remembered that. Plus, my clothes were still intact. Thank fuck. But i was still curious to how i ended up in Rafe's Cameron's bed.

I pinched my eyes shut tightly, now feeling the after affects of lasts night's activities. Not enough sleep, and way too much weed.

My body turned, now laying flat on my front with my cheek pressed against the soft pillow. Rafe's bed was comfortable too?! Fucking Kooks...

The door opposite my eye line suddenly opened. And in comes the man himself. He didn't notice me at first. He looked panicked for some reason, like he was looking for something?

Until he turned around. "Shit- your up. Finally." He spoke.

"Finally? It's only-" I automatically defended myself, grabbing my phone which was also laying in the bed next to me. "11:30..." My voice continued, quieter now.

How have i slept here for that long? Usually, my ass is quite good at naturally being up and out of bed at the crack of fucking dawn? I really do pick my moments...

"Mhm." He snickered.

"Shit, sorry. I should go." I found myself hopping out of his bed quickly, scrambling slightly to chuck my shoes on.

"You don't want to shower or anything? Eat?" He furrowed his brows.

"Are you saying i smell or something, Cameron?" I deadpanned with a smirk.

"No." He rolled his eyes. "It's just, i don't mind." He reassured, genuinely.

I switched my weight on to each foot for a second, thinking. I probably could go for a quick shower.

"I'll shower. Thank you." I smiled shyly, the mood between us suddenly turning slightly awkward.

"Right. You can use mine, i'll leave some clothes for you on the bed." He muttered with a nod before exiting the room, leaving me stood quite surely speechless.

I brushed of the awkward conversation before strolling to the bathroom. En-suite, may i add.

As the warm water trickled down my body, i was left stuck with my own dreaded thoughts.

You know, the usual; My mom, my current 'friendship' situations, and my own mental state.

However, now there was now too a certain dark blonde headed man also corrupting my already messy thoughts...

And that same thought, seemed to be happening a lot recently.

~

Sauntering down the stairs of the Cameron house, i was now in a state of panic. I needed to leave.

What if his parents were near? Ready to flood me with stupid questions about my own 'parents'. Also, unknowingly unaware of my family's relationship downfall.

What if Sarah's sees me? Fuck, that would be even worse. How would i explain this?

"Oh, hey Sar! Just spent the night in your older brothers bed. No, not like that! I promise! We just smoked way too much together last night and ended up crashing, haha totally normal! Definitely hasn't happened before..."

Yeah, fuck that.

Luckily, Rafe was already stood near the front door with his back turned. Phew. At least i didn't have to go hunting for the man in his own home.

"Uh, Rafe." He turned around at my sudden arrival. I couldn't help but ignore the fact he scanned my body up and down quickly. I was in his shirt, one he left for me on the bed. He did also leave a pair of gym shorts, which there was no way in hell i was wearing. Unless i decided i really was going for that Adam Sandler look on a Saturday morning...

"Thanks for...everything." I spluttered awkwardly, suddenly finding the floor boards beneath me extremely interesting. Hm, i wonder what kind of wood this was? Dark Oak? Bamboo? Walnu-

"Yeah. It's all good." His words shortly interrupted my train of blubbering thoughts.

This was so wrong.

We both knew full well there was so much we wanted, and needed to talk about. Stuff between us.

And here we were, burying all that and disguising it with shitty small talk.

My hand froze from its grip on the doorknob. I opened my mouth slightly, mentally screaming at myself for the words i was about to deliver.

"Just...Text me. Okay?" I huffed slightly. Frustrated with the situation, but trying to hide it.

His eyes studied mine. It felt like he was looking right through me. At my thoughts and feelings. Like i was an open book.

"I will." He nodded.

I knew he felt the same. It was obvious.

He wanted to talk about it too. I mean he was the one who got me round here in the first place to 'talk'.

And with that, i left. My mind now pondering on the idea of receiving a text from Rafe later. Well, that was that if he was actually even planning on texting me at all...

Part of me prays he will.

Another part of me knows he will.

~

It's literally 2 in the morning. Why does all my motivation always decide to show up at night.

Anyways, love u alllll <3

Please vote if you are enjoying (;