Twenty Nine.

"Chase." I huffed, blowing my hair out of my face. "Hey." I smiled awkwardly.

"Sofia." He nodded at me.

I felt Rafe's eyes go between be and Chase, watching our small interaction.

"Derek wants you. He's by the fire." Chase's words drew of as he eyed the man next to me with an ever so obvious hint of judgment on his face. Bad idea bud.

I could see the aggravation building on his face. "Fuck you looking at?" Rafe spat, pushing his own shoulders back to stand a little taller.

"Okay! Thank- thankyou, Chase. I'll...i'll go see him." I quickly interrupted before either of them had to chance to say another word to each other. My steps faltered as i looked behind me at the two, specifically Rafe. "Rafe." I warned, signalling for him to follow me.

He finally broke his stare off with Chase and looked at me. Then huffed before following after.

"What the fuck was that about?" I snapped quietly, as we were now a good distance away from Chase and anyone in near hearing range.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't know what you're talking about." He mumbled, looking off to his right.

My feet matched his as he began to stop. I found myself lost in his eyes. His eyes which now looked a little conflicted. He seemed to be battling something in his mind. "Look..." He suddenly spoke. "I have to get back to the party. But...meet me later." I was taken back by his words. He wanted to meet me later? The look on my face must of seemed confused, as he continued to speak. "Please" He added in a briefly pleading tone. "No questions."

"Uh...o-okay." I wasn't sure why the words came out so apprehensive. Yet, i agreed.

"My house, okay? Eight is when you finish right?" I nodded confirming his question, deciding not to ask why or how he knew that. "And don't worry, Sarah won't be there." He nodded.

I nodded back, feeling suddenly nervous under his solid gaze.

He said nothing else. Just began to walk backwards, keeping his eyes on me.

I broke the eye contact myself when i spun back around. I swear, i couldn't look at that man for too long. He made my head go to mush sometimes with his intimidating stares and angry ass eyebrows.

Right. Back to work.

~

My shift at midsummers was nearing to an end as i longingly glared at the clock on the wall reading 7:56.

I'll be honest, the night wasn't actually too bad. Surprisingly, the majority of Kooks missions tonight wasn't to torture Pogues. All they seemed bothered about was when they were able to shove the next shoot of champagne down their throats.

Anyways, it was over now.

However, the whole night there was of course only one thing my brain was focused on.

Meeting with Rafe later.

I had assumed he just wanted to talk about what happened the other night. Which i honestly wasn't to keen on doing. I know it will end in argument anyway. Everything we did seemed to end in some sort of disagreement.

I had thankfully brought a spare change of clothes, knowing full well that wherever i ended up tonight i didn't want to be sat around in my sweaty old waitress outfit. I changed quickly in the bathroom into some jeans and a top, all whilst keeping an eye on the time. 7:59.

Before i knew it i was out of the toilet, rushing a quick goodbye to Derek and heading out the door. The party was still in full swing; i was just grateful that my shift was scheduled to finish before everyone got a little too drunk for my liking.