Twelve.

Me and Sarah sat by the pool for a good few hours, taking in the last rays of sun. We had a little catch up, which mostly consisted of Sarah moaning about Topper. I didn't mind listening though, i'm glad she was getting her feeling out. Cant say the same about myself however.

Speaking of Sarah and Topper, he had later rang her about taking her out later. Some fancy dinner or something. She was unsure at first, mostly because she felt bad leaving me, but i quickly assured her i could get home myself and told her to have fun.

So, that brings us too now. Sarah had gotten ready with the help of me, and was now being picked up by Topper. Little did i know, Topper was also accompanied by Rafe. He was dropping him home.

"Hey baby." Topper spoke as he walked through the front door. The couple shared a quick kiss. I stood a little awkwardly, waiting to say goodbye to Sarah.

That was until Rafe made himself present. He strutted through the door. "See you Top." He spoke, looking up. Catching my eye.

"Bye Sof, see you soon." Sarah smiled, giving me a quick side hug. I smiled back, returning similar words before following the couple out of the door. They climbed into Toppers car, while i began my journey home.

To be honest i wasn't that bothered about walking as it wasn't to far and it was still fairly light outside. Topper also offered me a ride, but i insisted, not wanting to ruin their bubble.

I began walking, admiring the houses surrounding me. I mean, they were huge. Like billionaire style huge. Okay maybe not billionaire, however when your a pouge living like i do, i guess it's easy to exaggerate the wealth of figure eight. I'm sure to them, my house was like a fucking dog shack.

I was a few houses down the path, before i began hearing footsteps behind me. I panicked for a second, speeding up my pace a little. That was until i heard a voice calling my name. A familiar voice.

"Sofia." The voice sounded slightly..angry? Although when does this voice usually not sound angry.

I turned to the voice behind me. I huffed before replying. "What, Rafe?"

"Are..are you serious right now?." He had stopped dead in his tracks, placing his hands on top of his head.

I frowned, genuinely confused by his question. "Huh?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Do you not think Sofia? Seriously?" I quickly put together his words and realised the point he was trying to get across. Shit, maybe i was slightly slow on that..

I then thought to myself; it was considerate of him to come and say this, even if he was addressing it in a slightly pissed of tone, but i was slightly confused on why he actually did? Last time i checked he hated my guts. And that is why i think i'm so lost on this whole thing..

For some reason, i just decided to say nothing. I turned and began my journey again. However this time, i had Rafe on my tail.

"Why didn't you ask me to drive, or even walk with you?" He questioned desperately, falling in step next to me.

I looked over at him. "Because why would i Rafe? Have you not thought about this? Why are you suddenly acting like this? A few years ago you would have probably wished i were to come out here and get killed." I rolled my eyes, slightly spitting my words. I couldn't help it, i was confused, and that pissed me off.

Rafe rolled his eyes. "That's not true." He shook his head. I scoffed back.

"Sofia. Stop it." Rafe abruptly paused his steps, and grabbed my wrist to turn me towards him. "What's so wrong with it? Huh? Can i not care?" I almost thought it was impossible, but i heard a slight hurt in his voice. I looks towards my feet, stunned.

"Sofia i know you hate for me to admit it, and i know you try to hide it, but your going through a lot of shit right now. And after seeing you cry, is it so wrong for me to feel some sympathy? Rafe's frustrated words shocked me even further.

It took a minute for me to process his words and my own thoughts. Fuck, i felt bad. Why do i feel bad? And why under the circumstances of Rafe fucking Cameron?

I peered up into his eyes. They looked genuine. I didn't know what to say. I guess i wouldn't hurt to have him walk me back...?

"Well..cmon then." I spoke quietly as i avoided any more eye contact. I began to walk, hearing only my own footsteps. Fuck, this is what i mean. I can't trust him, i knew this was a jo-

"Alright." He coughed, interrupting my heavy train of quick thoughts.

Jesus Sofia. My adamant promise for us too "never interact again" was clearly going well...

Not.

We then soon fell into a peaceful yet slightly awkward silence, our footsteps being the only clear form of noise interrupting the sweet melody of nature..

~

Heyy! Please Vote and comment if you are enjoying so far! I'm having so much fun writing this honestlyy