Seventeen.

I was now sat in the passenger seat of Rafe Cameron's car. He didn't say much. Nor did i. But then again, what was there to say?

I wasn't sure why i was here. I don't think he is either...

"Thanks for uh...this." I awkwardly spoke.

I saw him look over at me from the corner of my eye. Then his gaze went back to the road.

"Mhm." He mumbled.

I pressed my lips into a line and nodded, not really sure what else to say.

"What were you doing out here then?" He asked, although i could hear the slight tease in his tone.

I just know he finds this situation ever so amusing.

He knows full well that him coming out here to pick me up is killing my pride.

"Don't worry about it." I rolled my eyes discreetly.

"I'm not." He scoffed.

"This isn't funny Rafe." I spoke, snapping my head to look at him. "You didn't have to do this." I grumbled.

"I wanted to." I frowned at his response."Figured maybe something happened with the pogues again. Coulda given me an excuse to do something about it." He spoke with a straight face.

I rolled my eyes again. Of course. His whole fucking purpose of this was too see if there was any chance him and his little rich friends could go and start a petty fight.

"Yeah, real nice Rafe." It was now my turn to scoff.

"What?" He bellowed. "They fucking deserve it."

Before i could even begin to open my mouth and cuss him out, he spoke again.

His head quickly turned to me, a look of sudden confusion and disgust on his face.

"Are you forgetting what they did to you, Sofia?"

"Just stop talking, please." I pinched my eyes shut. I didn't want to talk about this again, especially around him.

I've already done that once.

"Fucking hell..." He shook his head.

"Why are you even bringing this up?" I yelled turning towards him in my seat, rage filling my senses. Who the fuck does he is? Not once did i think this car ride would turn into a lecture about my shitty ex boyfriend. "You know what, if you're going to keep going on about this then pull over."

"I'm not pulling over Sofia. I'm taking you home." He sneered.

Home.

Shit. Rafe didn't know that was the one place i was avoiding at the moment...

"Whatever." I whispered.

The rest of the car ride wasn't long. I didn't say another word. My brain was now racking itself on how the rest of my evening will turn out. I knew my mom and her boyfriend were at home tonight.

Rafe's car now once again found itself parked in front of my house.

"Thanks." I rushed out the car, not looking at him once.

As i began my treck to the front door, i found myself slowing down. It's like something had come over me.

I was physically terrified to enter my own home. I just didn't know what to expect behind these walls anymore...

"Rafe." I chocked out, spinning around on my heels back towards Rafe's car.

I was calling for him... And i didn't even realise i it.

But to my own utter surprise i wasn't calling for him for long; i was already being greeted by Rafe's presence. I felt his arm come up and fall around my shoulders. He knows...

How does he know?

"Hey, hey. What's wrong?" His concern was evident. His hands came down to rest on my cheeks, desperately trying to get me to look at him.

I shook my head silently as warm trickles of tears fell from my eyes. I couldn't hide it now. I had just automatically broken down stood ahead of my own front door, that wasn't an easy thing for someone to just brush off.

"I-it's my mom." I sniffed with my head buried in Rafe's chest, all whilst still trying to keep my voice down.

"Okay. Let's go, your coming home with me." He demanded.

I didn't even protest once. Just simply let him pull me to the passenger door, my body almost completely limp in his strong arms.

"I'm taking you to mine and we're gonna talk about this, okay Sofia?" His eyes stayed locked with mine. His words were true. I could tell he was concerned.

And as much as that confused me more than anything, i nodded along. Happily.

~

ooo

okayyy therapist rafe i see u

"