Five.

I woke up the next morning with the usual headache. Sarah was no where to be seen, i'm guessing she's either downstairs or out somewhere, maybe with Topper.

So much had happened yesterday. I lied still for a few minutes and let all of the memories of yesterday replay in my head. I still felt pretty distraught. It almost still seemed like i wasn't really awake. Like this was all just one bad dream. Except it wasn't. And part of me needed to come to terms with that.

I dragged myself out of Sarah's bed and opened her bedroom door. I really needed a shower. I wanted to wash away all my thoughts for a minute with ice cold water. That's what usually helps when i'm stressed.

I strolled the halls in an attempt to find at-least one bathroom. God, this house is like a fucking maze.

All of a sudden i hear the quick screech of one door in specific. Of course. Out comes a freshly washed, still wet, and an almost no clothed, Rafe Cameron.

I froze in my tracks.

"Why do you look so scared? I'm not going to fucking bite Sofia." Jesus okay. Hello to you too.

"Calm down. I was just trying to find the bathroom. Can i use the shower please?" I ask politely.

"I don't care." Rafe shrugged. Sorry what?

"Okay...Now budge, please." I brushed past Rafe's broad shoulder and into the bathroom, meanwhile trying to ignore his very evident glare.

I quickly did my business and found my way back to Sarah's room. I borrow some clothes in the hope that she doesn't mind too much, of course with the obvious intention to give them back. Although for now, there was still no sign of Sarah being home. I figured i'd find her somehow later on in the day and thank her for the stay.

I gave a quick thank you to Ward, Sarah's dad, and let myself out. I had no desired destination on my walk. Again, i had no plans on going home. It's not like my mom cared anyway, i have been gone for days before and she didn't even bat an eyelid. Feels good to know how much you mean to your own mother.

Like reflex, i reached for the cigarettes in my back pocket. Shit, i'm running really low. I came to the realisation that i'd have to make one of my almost regular and definitely not illegal trips to the small corner store down my street. I know, it's bad. But what else am i meant to do? I have no fucking money. I have tried countless times to get a job, but every where i go i have been rejected almost always because of my age, grades,  or lack of experience. And even once because of my discussed living conditions. Why does that even matter? Pretty fucked up if you ask me.

I decided to take a slow walk to the boneyard. It was around 12pm last time i checked. I spent a good hour exploring the beach. I don't think i've ever felt so empty. I watched the waves as they  rippled gently. I just sat for a while and just thought. Mostly about JJ. It's not like i can reverse time, what happened, happened. As much as it hurts, i need to move on. He obviously didn't value our relationship as much as i did

As much as it hurt, I needed a rebound.

I got up from my seat on the sand and text Sarah asap. I had an idea.

~

"And this all happened yesterday?" Sarah asked from her seat on the bed. After my text Sarah called and told me to come over straight away. I told her everything that had happened, obviously missing out any parts that included her brother, and she seemed just as confused and angry about the whole situation as me.

"Yep. So, my idea. Are there any parties planned soon? Like tonight soon?" I wanted to get to the point.

"Of course there is. I think i'm catching onto your idea Sofia." Sarah smirked. "There's one down at Alex Baileys house tonight. Kooks and Pogues invited."

"Perfect." I smiled. Putting it simply, i wanted JJ to see me with another guy. I know it's a stupid and slightly petty and to be honest he may not even blink an eye at my actions, but i didn't want him to think i will be stuck on him forever. Even if i may be.

"It starts at 7? And it is now..shit it's already 6. Right, let's get you glammed up." Sarah seemed pretty excited to have me as her personal barbie doll tonight. Shit, what have i got myself into.

-

I stared into the full body length mirror in front of me. Sarah added a few more steps to my already minimal makeup routine, nothing crazy, just some lip liner and a shiny gloss, and also a slightly heavier coat of mascara. My hair was down and straight, how i liked it. How JJ  fucking liked it. My black mini skirt sat high on my thighs and showed just the right amount of skin in all the right places. Sarah insisted i borrowed one of her more revealing tops. Again, nothing crazy, just one with the perfect amount of cleavage on display. And of course, my black converse to top it all of. You would never willingly catch me in anything else.

"You look so hot!" Sarah squealed in excitement. She did too as always in her short, white flowery dress. "Ok, now let's go before we are too late." She grabbed my hand and dragged me out her bedroom with just enough time for me to grab my phone.

When we reached the porch, i saw a figure stood in the kitchen. "Rafe i'm going out, tell dad i'm at Tops please." Sarah yelled. Rafe.

"Whatever." He made his way carelessly too the front door clearly going out too. I wonder if he was going to the same party? He finally lifted his head up from what ever was so interesting on his phone and suddenly stopped in his tracks. He obviously seemed unaware of my presence before hand, and gave me a quick once over. His eyes met mine again for a split second until they went back to Sarah's who's were thankfully too focused on tying her shoelaces.

Now that was slightly weird.

Rafe brushed past us both and rushed out the door. "God, he's such a dick." Sarah rolled her eyes.

I almost forgot to reply, i was too busy staring through the window at Rafe getting into his car. "Yeah, he's seems pretty moody." I laughed it off. Snap out of it Sofia, what are you doing?

As Sarah drove us too the boneyard i reminded myself of my one and only goal tonight. Once we reached the party, i let out a shaky breath and stepped out of the car. Here we go.

~

Ooo i'm excited. Shits about to go down.