Twenty Six

It had been a week.

I'd spent pretty much the whole time in Sarah's bed. She came back from the mainland as soon as she heard what happened. She demanded i got straight in her room, and glued to her bed. She then proceeded to take over dramatic care of me the whole time.

As sweet as it was, i was constantly telling her that she didn't need to do this. My leg was feeling a lot better, and i was pretty much healed. But she would just shush me and grab another hot chocolate, snacks, and put on some shitty reality tv show.

Rafe was also present in all this. Well, whenever Sarah wasn't around. He would come into her room whenever she was out and check in on me. It was really sweet actually; he brought me food, went on about random stuff to 'distract me', and would also give me updates from the doctor.

I hadn't spoke to anyone about what happened yet. I didn't want to. That doesn't mean i hadn't thought about it. It was all i thought about.

But per usual, i'd push it all down to the deepest darkest parts of my brain, and wait for it to all burst out one day.

The image of her throwing that bottle will stay with me forever. She'd never gotten physical with me before. I mean a few shoves here and there when she was drunk, but never anything like this.

What could i do about i though. I can't tell the police. They'd take her away, especially being a pogue. I can't imagine how'd they'd treat her. I didn't want that.

She'd do her usual, disappear for a few days, and then come running back home when she'd need something. And probably pretend nothing happened.

However, i can now say i've fully given up on my mother. She's past the point of return. Recovery was something she's tried before. Multiple times. But it never worked. I've tried all i can. At the end of the day she was an adult and can make her own decisions.

But she's still my mom.

A knock on Sarah's door suddenly sounded. Sarah was out, so there's only one other person it could of been.

"Hey." Rafe came in and shut the door behind him. He began to open the blinds, revealing the blue sky hidden behind. Obviously i'd been in the back yard a bit, but i hadn't actually left this house in a week. I missed the outdoors. I also hadn't been able to work. But my boss said he understood and made sure i was ok.

"Blinded me." I joked, shielding my eyes with my arm.

He snickered. "Shut up. How you feeling?"

"So much better. Can i please leave Sarah's bed now? Or will she basically pin me down again?" I frowned with a smile.

"Your good. She's out with Top." He took a seat on the end of the bed. "Wanna go somewhere?" He asked.

"With you?" I raised my brows, shocked. I then suddenly realised how my words sounded, looking at his furrowed brows. "Wait- no, i'm not bei-"

"I know." He smirked. "And yes, with me. You've got me feeling bad now, all locked away in this room."

"Yes, oh my god, yes." I sat up smiling. "Please, God. Get me out of this room."

He laughed. "Okay, get ready. Meet me downstairs in 20." He spoke, getting up to leave the room.

20 minutes later i was showered and dressed. Even though it was extremely fucking hot out, i put on jeans. I mean, the bandage around my thigh wasn't the most attractive of sights...

My hair was still damp, but i didn't care. I was just looking forward to getting back outside again. In the real world.

Rafe was sat at the kitchen counter when i emerged from the stairs. "Ready?" He smiled.

I nodded back with a mirrored grin.

We made our way to his car, as i tried my hardest to hide the fact my leg was slightly hurting. If Rafe thought there was any sign of me still being in pain, i'm sure he'd get me straight back in that house.

"So, where we going? Beach? Party?" I asked.

"You, will not be going to any parties tonight. Alcohol will only make it worse." He shook his head.

"Okay, dad." I muttered with a smile. "I mean seriously, that's some serious party pooper shit. I know there's a party on tonight."

He laughed with his tongue in cheek. "Call me what you want, i'm just taking care of you."

I smiled. "I know. I need to thank you and Sarah for all of this. You guys have been great."

He looked over at me with his hands on the wheel. "It's all good." He spoke softly.

I turned my head away from his eyes, slightly flustered at his sudden gaze.

"We, are actually off to a restaurant. One of your favourites." He shifted his head to the side.

"And how would you know one of my favourite restaurants?" I questioned.

"Sarah. She honestly doesn't shut up about you."

I muttered a laugh. She's actually adorable.

We had reached what i assumed was the location, and we both hopped out of the car.

"No you haven't." I turned to the man behind me. "Harry's?" I piped up. Harry's was one of my favourite restaurants ever. Me and JJ used to come here a lot. But the tenders are genuinely from heaven.

He shrugged with a proud face.

A honk suddenly sounded from our surroundings. Me and Rafe's eyes both looked around until we both found the car. It was parked a few feet away. In the drivers seat was a man i recognised. The guy from the party a few weeks back. The guy who was supplying Rafe with coke.

"Fuck." Rafe cursed, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Rafe?" I mumbled.

"Go inside. I'll uh, be back with you in literally five minutes. I've just gotta talk to Barry real quick." He looked me in the eyes.

I furrowed my brows, immediately assuming he was off to do a quick line or something.

He obviously quickly picked up my assumption.
"Shit, no. I'm not doing anything like that. I promise, Sofia." His hand came to my shoulder in reassurance.

His genuine words settled me. I know it crazy but, i think Rafe Cameron may be actually telling the truth.

For the past week, i know i haven't been by his side the whole time, but from when i had frequently seen him, i had no suspicions whatsoever that he was on something. Which was shocking to be honest.

"Okay." I whispered. "I'll go grab us a table." I said, glancing at the hand on my shoulder.

He gave me one last look and a nod before rushing over to the car in the distance.

As i made my way up the wooden steps of the restaurant, i peaked over at Rafe. He was stood at the window of the vehicle. I then whipped my head back around, forcing myself to push away any thoughts of him breaking his promise.

~

hey girlies